Drawer jointing technique

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rknott2007

Established Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of building a curved front tv console veneered in walnut, The console has two small drawers, the client hasn't specified dovetails, so I'm thinking of using a different technique.
A few options i've thought of is, rebated sides and pinned through the front, rebated and reenforced with contrasting dowels, as in the current issure of FWW, Domino's or through dominos with contrasting dominos (homemade).

The drawer boxes will be made out of 12mm mdf and veneered in walnut, with a veneered laminated ply front, I plan on the lipping the top and bottom edges in walnut veneer and cutting mitres on the corners.

Would love to hear any comments, inputs or critisisms (constructive of course)

Cheers Rob

I did a small project a while back using a curved drawer front and it wasn't too difficult to make using traditional jointing techniques, ie lapped dovetails at the front and oak drawer sides (solid oak front btw) The trickiest bit is marking out...and cutting the groove for the base - Rob

Back