Draw runner length ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemsby

Established Member
Reaction score
Would like some help please.

I need to make a special purpose draw to fit in a kitchen base unit using ideally using bottom fixing slides. To utilise draw space I need 100% pull out.

The cupboard depth is 490mm

I must be having senior moments #-o as I cant decide on the slide length relative to the depth of the draw, it seems too simple that the draw is made almost maximum depth and slides close to the draw depth or max slide length with draw to fit :!:

I think you need to choose your draw runners first some will allow you to have a over deep draw box but some won't.

They generally only extend to 100% and only come in set sizes. So your max runner size would be 450mm and the max extension would be 450mm. So if you built a 490mm deep drawer you would not get full extension - the last 40mm or so would remain in the cupboard.

What is limiting the max depth of the cupboard? If it is the wooden back, with some dead space behind, you could make a hole in the back and fit 500mm runners - then your 490mm drawer would be full extension.

You could consider double acting runners. They have an intermediate runner between the normal top and bottom runners. This allows the complete drawer to come out. Have a look at Hafele.

Back