Draper DEW2400 Wall mounted dust extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petenewc

Reaction score
Well, I thought I had reached a decision in the Record DX5000 as a wall mounted dust extractor to handle all the machinery until I found the Draper one:

Draper DEW2400

The spec. seems to be a little better in every regard than the Record, with semi cyclonic action on the inlet to boot and it comes in about £20 cheaper.

Does anyone have one or had 'hands on' experience of it and could recommend / steer me away?

Much appreciated.

Pete

I believe they are made by the same company (UK based Yorkleen) for both Record and Draper, and they fit the cyclonic action to Draper's specification. You may find the warranty is shorter on Draper (I believe Record give 5 years), but apart from that there's probably not a lot in it. I don't have experience of either of these I'm afraid, but I do own a 20 year old Yorkleen machine which is still going strong!

Hope that helps a bit!
Graeme

Thanks Graeme,

I have checked and the Draper has a 24 months warranty. Never been a great one for warranties, being an adherent of sods law I firmly believe kit is designed to self destruct the day after the warranty becomes invalid.

The Draper is rated for more power in each motor and more suck and, if made in the same factory there would seem to be little between them other than the cost.

Anyone else?

Latest posts

Back