Dovetail guide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll show you mine if you show me yours as the saying goes. LOL I have extra fingers Oh Er miss's

Leigh jig.jpg

Attachments

• Leigh jig.jpg
    Leigh jig.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 297
Mike;
Yes, very similar. I have the 1990s body with the updated scales. I did once think of buying extra fingers. but I didn't think it worth the bother for the amount I used it. Think it was a case of a jig too far!!!!

I did evolve a method of transferring matching layouts from the left side of the jig to the right side. (Published in Routing' in the nineties, but lost in the mists of time! )
Now I am off to cook me a 'Pot-mess'.

Cheers

John

I was given the extra fingers by Leigh for pointing out a mistake they had in the instructions for drilling the standard fingers to convert them into the latest version which allows single pass blind dovetails, the first thing I made with the jig (bought secondhand) was a box to house the thing in, shown below, I have since made so much with it, I would not part with it ever.

Leith case.jpg

Attachments

• Leith case.jpg
    Leith case.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 286
I quite liked my Leigh Jig, but as I say at almost 80 I am not doing so much and I am finding handheld routing to be a bit of a struggle due to arthritis. So a lot of stuff has to go! 8)

John

I too suffer from Arthritis to the extent that my elbow joints have been dismantled and ground out, I found that using a Draper Expert router with the Leigh jig greatly relived the pain, the router has two handles very low down in fixed base mode which helped it also helped with the tipping problem that can happen with any jig, but the front guide/extract eliminated this completely: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-45368-2 ... B00142B980

Latest posts

Back