Double sided tape

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil2010

Established Member
Reaction score
What make of doubled sided tape is best ,does it come in clear , i want it for sticking mdf together when using it as a jig.

I have tried a few they all seem to do a good job right down to the cheapest.

I find it best to use fairly thick tape. It's often sold as suitable for sticking down carpets. It sticks very well and the best way to remove a jig stuck down with it is to twist it slightly.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Thanks,does it affect the face of the mdf,what is best to remove any adhesive left behind.

Unibond I think it is sell a very powerful (permanent) tape on a softish rubber like backing under the No More Nails brand. I think they may do some weaker/removable adhesive grades too.

For a standard double sided type - not sure what exactly they do but 3M tapes in general of whatever sort tend (if a little pricey) to be of very good quality, and again may have various degrees of tackiness available..

I've used B&Q double sided tape to hold down routing jigs which it will do as long as you go carefully. Doesn't pull the grain too much when you take it off either

i regularly use the Lidl double sided tape - it works as well as anything else I've tried. I just keep my eyes open for when they have them on offer. Usually someone posts on here when Lidl have stuff worth considering.

Misterfish

Back