door stops - inset cupboard doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.S

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder what you normally use for cabinet door stops with inset doors?

I'm just finishing a project and have inset doors mounted on soft-close concealed hinges. In the back of my mind I envisaged just fixing a small block of wood to the top and bottom (are both essential?) of the carcass, perhaps adding those plastic/rubber buttons for the doors to close against (to minimise the sound) but are there alternatives e.g. small, adjustable brackets.

I'm new at this so sorry if my query is basic. Even though they'll be mainly hidden I don't want to spoil the ship for ..etc Suggestions, links to suitable products etc would be welcome.

Mike

p.s.. I did try a search: interestingly, the most popular suggestion for door stops seem to be planes :shock:

Wooden blocks work for me, cheap easy to make, come in many sizes and shapes etc. why make life more complicated?

Chrispy

It was more a question - in my (perhaps naive) head - of elegance than complication, but I take your point.

I thank you - in fact have a thumbs up
thankposts.gif
:)

5mm wooden block with bevelled edges.

The only other thing you can do is make a complete false rebate but like chripsy says, why bother.

you will need one top and bottom or over time, the doors will twist towards wherever there is no block

Just make the blocks as thing as possible, like i said, 5 mm high and 30mm long

I've sometimes cut a half-moon stop and just glued it to the back of the faceframe.
I have to say, I don't see how two stops prevent the door from warping...
S

Thank you LB and Steve

That confirms it - small wooden blocks, top and bottom, for me.

Mike

Back