Don't you just know that Christmas is on the way............

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My reaction was pavlovian - I ate a small meringue... No, I mean I rushed to dig out a festive avatar. Dunno though; might revert back to the cat of last year.

christmas-cat-avatar.jpg

But I'm curious there's been no celebrations at the membership topping the 2000 mark. Has nobody else noticed?

Cheers, Alf

Alf":1ybelno7 said:
I rushed to dig out a festive avatar. Dunno though; might revert back to the cat of last year.

I thought Santa riding on the Veritas shoulder plane looked quite cool 8)

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Hi Alf

Alf":3dg3esxn said:
But I'm curious there's been no celebrations at the membership topping the 2000 mark. Has nobody else noticed?

That's a sore point with me as we've hit 2,000 and then reverted on a number of ocassions. Currently, the Mods are deleting 50-60 spammers per week.

All the best,
Neil

Paul Chapman":2iv3da2f said:
Alf":2iv3da2f said:
I rushed to dig out a festive avatar. Dunno though; might revert back to the cat of last year.

I thought Santa riding on the Veritas shoulder plane looked quite cool 8)

Cheers :wink:

Paul
Well how else could santa fly? :lol: It's a plane ennit :lol:

Neil - One of the many things I like about this board is the fact that, so far, I don't think I've seen any 'spam' :D This to me is more important than passing some nominal membership figure.

Mods, keep up the good work. Yes, membership passing two thousand has to be admired, but it's the 'active' membership that's really important. A few days ago I passed an idle half hour looking at the membership ranked by postings. Interesting :wink:

BTW is it possible to select a page by number :?: I figured out how to 'order' the list and move through it page by page, but how do you quickly go to the midle :?:

Oh, okay, sorry. I won't mention it again and we'll concentrate on the amount of spam as a milestone instead then, shall we? Isn't that kind of handing the victory to the spammers? :roll: Sheesh, milestones are just a bit of fun we've always gone in for on this forum - when did it all get so deadly serious?

Cheers, Alf

Frequently finding herself wondering if she's on the wrong forum these days... :?

So the figure on the index page is no longer reliable? Bum. I'm going to sulk. [-(

All right, all done now. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Losos":2fd14gqe said:
...A few days ago I passed an idle half hour looking at the membership ranked by postings. Interesting :wink:...

I just did that. Very surprised how high up the list I am! There I was still thinking of myself as a relative newbie. :wink:

Still... got a looooong way to go to catch the likes of Alf. (Don't worry, have no intentions of attempting such a feat. :D )

Brad

Lord Nibbo":1kocrjgj said:
Well how else could santa fly? :lol: It's a plane ennit :lol:

Which reminds me of a story told to me by a teacher who had been teaching a class of primary kids about the birth of Christ. She had asked them to draw a scene from the story and one little boy drew a plane with four people in it. When questioned he explained that it was the flight into Egypt and pointed out Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus. 'But who is that?' asked the teacher pointing to the fourth person. 'Why that's Pontius the Pilot of course' came the reply.

Andrew

Hi Brad,
Yes I was likewise quite 'flattered' to see where i was (We're about the same ranking aren't we?)

and yes, I did wonder if I'd ever catch up with dear ol' Alf but then realised that I ain't gonna live that long :lol: :lol:

Hi Alf

Alf":2clqi3te said:
So the figure on the index page is no longer reliable? Bum. I'm going to sulk.

The figure on the index page is correct but it is a bit like buying shares, it can do down as well as up.

At the time of posting the number is 1979. This is due to the number of spammers being deleted from the board.

Cheers
Neil

hi all
ive just passed the 200th post mark and it went bye un-noticed by myself
i would have had a lot more post but , as the spammers get deleted , so to do my posts . mostly i warn them , in a funny way , that all these drugs wont be tolerated on an open public forum.

ohh and merry xmas everyone :ho2

Newbie_Neil":24if4cmm said:
The figure on the index page is correct but it is a bit like buying shares, it can do down as well as up.
Yeah, yeah, I know that. That's why I'd waited until it went gradually over 2000 over a couple of days - didn't realise it was taking that long to cull the spammers.

Cheers, Alf

Try moving you mouse over this page. Well, it made me chuckle anyway :roll:

No connection blah blah...

Back