domino xl connectors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyb

Established Member
Reaction score
is it me or are these stupidly expensive and only come in useless large £200 sustainer? I want 8 but can't for the life of me see singles or 10s?

They don't just come in systainers, but you do have to buy a full box of whatever size you need. I think if I only needed 8 in a size I otherwise never used, I would plane up a batten and make a few

sorry I meant the knockdown connectors for the xl

Attachments

• 16756967167755187542038261169805.jpg
    16756967167755187542038261169805.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Y. I just realised what you meant! - I haven't ever used them, so no idea. Ebay & Axminster seem to have some smaller quantities available.

You can get the components separately, but I haven't found them in smaller sets than this which is still way more than you need. At the current price of £14k for the systainer on that site, I would say the separates are a good deal!

I'm guessing that most people that use a DF700 and connectors are probably using a lot of them.

At the current price of £14k for the systainer on that site, I would say the separates are a good deal!

I saw the same price, but contacted them via their Chat option just to make sure it didn't come with a Ferrari. The person on the other end of the chat confirmed the price is wrong and the correct price for the set is about £197, but they were on backorder.

Johnnyb,
If there are no members here that have 8 of the XL connectors they are willing to sell to you, just go over to the FOG
( Festool Owners Group), and see if one of the UK members over there is willing to.

I'm sure there will be someone over there that can spare 8....!?

They do have a strange business model where it is big profit on everything and no loss leaders like so many other companies. Microchip give there integrated development suite away for FREE including a choice of complilers and they do this to sell their processors by the free development tools on offer. National instruments do something similar and aim to make the profit on the hardware side and not Labview itself although not free. So why does festool not sell the connectors at a much lower cost with the aim of selling more XL700's to make the profit.

Back