Number of Dominos needed to support shelf?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm frankly amazed you have a domino xl but no means to make some housing joints!
This is because the Festool school of woodworkings objective is to make woodworking very easy for the masses by replacing skill with a system of tools, in theory a domino is expected to allow you to make simple joints without getting to involved, almost like wooden nails.

many thanks to for all your replies,

I am going to just use the dominos on the back and sides (150mm centres on the back) and not do the hardwood edge.

I have worked out an accurate weight for my books (they are fairly small novel size books) and the sagulator has calculated this as acceptable hopefully this will be ok.

valid points regarding the weight of the shelf, I should have mentioned that this will be floor standing so weight is not an issue.

This is because the Festool school of woodworkings objective is to make woodworking very easy for the masses by replacing skill with a system of tools, in theory a domino is expected to allow you to make simple joints without getting to involved, almost like wooden nails.
you are right, for my usual work the XL is very efficient and allows me to make joints I otherwise wouldn't have the skillset or time to do.

I understand it perhaps isn't the best method for my shelf but I need to make it work in a short space of time with the equipment I have to hand :).
the shelf is also a one off project I wont be repeating.

Back