Domino 700

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed209

Established Member
Reaction score
If i was to get a 700 domino would i get away with using it with 18mm Conti board to make units for fitted wardrobe I know the recommendation is a third of thickness for dowel and the smallest on 700 is 8mm so in theory min material thickness would be 24mm but in practise would it work ok?
I have also noticed on ebay lately that someone is selling the adapter to use thinner cutters on the 700 (copies of the Seneca) any one know if they any good or where you can get the Seneca in the UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I'm married to Festool I opted to buy the Lemello biscuit jointer. Much more useful in my opinion.

I'll stand by for the flack now ;-)

Ed209":2fnu9l43 said:
any one know if they any good or where you can get the Seneca in the UK

You can order the Seneca direct from the US, they're well set up for international orders and you you won't have any problems.

it all depends on what you want to do with it ,I think the 700 is very versatile I use mine all the time ,beds doors gates you name it ,8mm on 18mm boards dosent leave much on the wall only 5mm on timber I think you could get away with it but not on conti board

I think you'll be safer buying the Seneca adapter plus the 5mm df500 cutter so you can use 5x30mm Domino's.
I ordered my Seneca adapter Wednesday last week so just waiting for it to arrive now :D

custard":1gomjdek said:
You can order the Seneca direct from the US, they're well set up for international orders and you you won't have any problems.

+1 for ordering direct from Seneca, fast delivery with no issues.

shed9":3mj7997p said:
custard":3mj7997p said:

+1 for ordering direct from Seneca, fast delivery with no issues.
Another +1. It's very good, and the 700 then works fine with the 500 cutters. You might need a shim for the plate to align to the centre of 18mm stock though.

I saw those "not Senaca" adapters on Ego bay, I was an impatient bunny and didn't fancy getting stung by HM thieving barstichs so i bought one of said alternate adapters, super fast shipping, nice chap to speak to aswell, long and the short. works a treat and its well engineered piece of kit.

Back