Dogs and car wheels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Karacsonyi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have any suggestions to deter dogs from urinating on my car wheels. I find The commercial products are only 5 minute wonders. The owners are generally *wits, who can only communicate in mono syllables.

Thanks,

Mark Karácsonyi- Nicholls

Dog lovers version= Buy a pack of bear poo from the zoo. pack it behind the hub cap.
Non dog lovers version= fit one of those sawstop gadgets on the bonnet that sense earth contact and fire a block of aluminium downwards.

Canine scent-marking is, in part, territorial - it's a message to other dogs that this is part of their patch. If you want your car to be part of your patch, you must communicate with the local canine population in a way it understands.

You know what you have to do ...

Cheshirechappie":3nnxrf1m said:
Canine scent-marking is, in part, territorial - it's a message to other dogs that this is part of their patch. If you want your car to be part of your patch, you must communicate with the local canine population in a way it understands.

You know what you have to do ...

That won't help. When an animal smells another territory it will often scent mark it even more to try and claim it.

Dogs mark usually on existing dog smells, wash your car wheels throughly and more often.

I looked after my friends dog and he marked his territory on my wicker log basket. I went to town washing it with soap suds etc and all was well. Months later my own dog cocked his leg indoors which he never does. The wicker basket is now outside destined for the fire.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ColeyS1":2dr4jecs said:
I looked after my friends dog and he marked his territory on my wicker log basket. I went to town washing it with soap suds etc and all was well. Months later my own dog cocked his leg indoors which he never does. The wicker basket is now outside destined for the fire.

Looks like the solution is to burn the car :D

Thanks all. Got some tiger sh*t from the local zoo. It’s now behind the hubcaps.

If not will train the wife to use the Karcher more often.

Regards,

Mark Karácsonyi-Nicholls

Mark Karacsonyi":bsnjtc5l said:
Thanks all. Got some tiger sh*t from the local zoo. It’s now behind the hubcaps.

If not will train the wife to use the Karcher more often.

Regards,

Mark Karácsonyi-Nicholls

I'm struggling to see the issue here. I understand people don't like dog wee on their wheels but I think I'd prefer it to having sh*t behind my wheels.

It's certainly advisable to wash it off Aluminium Car wheels regularly, especially if the protective anodizing has been damaged. Not unknown for Aluminium Lamp posts to fail from their regular perfume coatings. The internals of an aircraft don't look to pretty if see the results of leaking toilet water.

Back