Does any organization do this in the UK

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldnt have thought there'd be much call for a UK company arranging shipping from USA to Oz :?
beejay

beejay":1rcy2yjg said:
Wouldnt have thought there'd be much call for a UK company arranging shipping from USA to Oz :?
beejay

No I would not have thought so either, but I meant to the UK.

I have looked at this in the past as a number of US companies won't sell and ship to the UK.

I found that shipping companies in the UK collecting in the US seem to charge about twice as much as the USPS service in the states for parcels up to about 20kgs. It gets slightly cheaper (pro-rata) for heavier stuff, but is still a lot more expensive and negates any potential savings.

The best answer is to have someone in the US who can take delivery and send over using an American carrier like USPS - but that isn't always possible.

Have you heard of these http://www.myus.com/

Looks interesting - their rates are just slightly higher than USPS - but there is their regular monthly fee to pay and the added cost of the Seller shipping to Florida.

In addition, on top of UK VAT and import duty, there may be US sales tax to pay as the delivery is in the US as far as the seller is concerned.

ecp":1bj190eb said:
Have you heard of these http://www.myus.com/

Looks interesting - their rates are just slightly higher than USPS - but there is their regular monthly fee to pay and the added cost of the Seller shipping to Florida.

In addition, on top of UK VAT and import duty, there may be US sales tax to pay as the delivery is in the US as far as the seller is concerned.

Probably better off having a pen friend in the states.

Probably better off having a pen friend in the states

Or a 'friendly' supplier who ships their goods in bulk regularly to the UK ?????

I used to, but the US company changed hands and the importer here fell out with the new owners and stopped importing their product.

The importer used to get me a couple of things stowed in their container some time back, but I've not really needed to talk to him lately so not sure what the current situation is.

But there must be others out there that may be willing to accommodate.

Back