Do not watch if have a nervous constitution

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I have been considering installing video cameras front and rear to my car for the past three years. The number of youngsters who overtake on the inside these days is getting a real pain.

I did also see a television documentary on those Russian vid cameras some months ago but not this one. It concerned meteors observed from Russian cars.

I'm going to show this to the stepdaughter who passed her test last year.
I had a bad one at 17 (aquaplaning into 20 tons of tarmac) & several close ones in 40 years of driving. NOTHING like that :shock: :shock: :shock: lot

S**t, I am not going to venture out again. :shock:

All my lives were used up when I was an apprentice many years ago, hung an alloy ladder over, a high voltage grid line, destroyed the ladder but I walked away, well ran actually, and learnt that adrenalin is brown and smells. :roll:

Take care.

Chris R.

ChrisR":ez5c98ia said:
.......and learnt that adrenalin is brown and smells. :roll:
Chris R.

Ha ha ha ha. That made me laugh lots.

There are some crazy drivers out there....... And it would appear that a lot of them live in Russia.

Very scary.

I take it they dont have snowploughs and gritters in Russia then? I seen some equally crazy stunts in my time, plenty of british drivers equally stupid, but it seems the russians have to have a dash cam for insurance or whatever, so they get to see it recorded on film. Round here (Mid Suffolk) its usually inane sugar beet lorries, racing round corners at 40 while driver is yakking on mobile phone :x .....More than once I've very nearrly had the brown adrenaline effect. I saw one only a few days ago on the A12 doing a mobile selfie, radged.... :twisted:

~15Yrs ago I was driving down a long straight country road, overtook a flatbed wagon, while I was passing he decided to drift across the road, pushing my Citroen AX into the dyke/ditch resulting in a double roll.
Luckily I received only a very small scratch, but the other driver didn't even know it had happened. Took some sorting....

In 06 i had a articulated lorry carrying 20 ton of stone pull straight out of a quary into my path totally blocking the road.I was riding my 4 day old buell lighting motorbike and hit it head on .Broke my tib and fib in my right leg also smashed my kneecap into four quarters and damaged my tendons in the shoulder.Hospital for two weeks four opps to screw and pin it all back together and nine months off work unpaid as i am self employed.Now got a WIFE BAN no more bikes for Bern. #-o

I have made a mental note never to drive in Russia. :lol: It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some drivers can be over here too. since being on a motorbike I seem to notice it more now. It seems we have a new signal to add to the Highway code now and that is you can pull out into the path of an oncoming vehicle as long as you smile and wave at the driver?? :roll: Had this happen a few times recently luckily at low speeds.

devonwoody":2w78vuqp said:
Actually I have been considering installing video cameras front and rear to my car for the past three years. The number of youngsters who overtake on the inside these days is getting a real pain.

I did also see a television documentary on those Russian vid cameras some months ago but not this one. It concerned meteors observed from Russian cars.
If you are being undertaken regularly, you're in the wrong lane.

phil.p":1xa5uxxy said:
devonwoody":1xa5uxxy said:

If you are being undertaken regularly, you're in the wrong lane.
It's legal in New Zealand, but I'm not convinced it helps. :)

Theres a lot of similarities with drivers where I am and Russian ones..
If there is a car in front they MUST overtake regardless of wether its on a blind bend, they will be stopping or turning off in 100 metres ,foggy or there are cars coming in the opposite direction.
(hammer)

Back