Do bargains ever exist on ebay ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up that little bargain I mentioned above today...and I think this will exemplify the word "bargain"!!!!

The rubbish picture of the auction item turned out to be this...

DSC_0053.JPG

With a German made induction motor:

DSC_0054.JPG

Specification:

Manufacturer: P&J Dust Extraction
Power: 1HP
AC: Single Phase
Complete with: 4m x 100mm hose, metal hose ends, bags.

Latest retail value on website: £831
FleaBay Price: £40

Added bonus....collection next to Axminster Sittingbourne....(so it actually cost me £110 by the time I had finished! :oops: ) but that did include a Japanese saw, a steel straight edge, a piece of rosewood and 1000 biscuits!!!

:D :D :D :D

Jim

Gary":15pragam said:
chippy1970":15pragam said:
Thats what it costs so why would that put anyone off GARY :roll:

High postage costs put alot of ebay buyers off, when parcel2go quote £6-99 plus vat, wouldn't you feel ripped off paying £16?

Not by me your not I payed £15.50 for parcelforce48 so I have 50p to cover my time and packaging WOW

chippy1970":6xr6uynj said:
Not by me your not I payed £15.50 for parcelforce48 so I have 50p to cover my time and packaging WOW

More fool you DHL would have done it for less than £8. :roll:

I had two things arrive from ebay today

a 25/32" hand reamer to enlarge the holes in my bench, cost new about £100 plus vat. did the job perfectly ebay cost £4 plus £3.75 postage

a Thomas Ibbotson and Co 3/4 bowl gouge, looks like it has sat on a shop shelf for 50 years, otherwise perfect and cuts like a new tool, same thing new from Sorby/Turners Retreat £54.94 cost from ebay £15.99 plus £2.50 post

yes you can get bargains from ebay, in fact so much so that I think I am addicted :)

Back