DNA The Thief Catcher

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brittleheart":znocbe2c said:
RogerS":znocbe2c said:
No-one is suggesting that a DNA database is anymore an invasion of privacy than a fingerprint database and so I don't really follow your line of reasoning.

OK then, if a DNA database is no more an invasion of privacy than a fingerprint database then it is no more of an issue either. Ergo I do not have a problem with it, just as I do not have a problem with a fingerprint database. I guess that puts me on the side of those who do not think it is a big deal as far as my personal privacy is concerned. Clearly you disagree, but thank you anyway for helping me form my own opinion.

No.o.o.o...you missed the point that my original response was in response to loz who was suggesting that we all have our DNA taken at birth...and I am against that.

Dibs-h":fcwsh78t said:
RogerS":fcwsh78t said:
Have they blocked that one where you find the grave of a child who is about the same age as one ?

A birth certificate now says on it something to the affect of - this is not proof of identity. Go figure! :roll:

As for identity creation - without the collusion of folk who work in certain sectors - I don't think you could create one - certainly not one that could stand up to scrutiny. You'd have to take over someone else's. Perhaps someone who's emigrated or lives in the UK but for whatever reason doesn't have the need for a passport/driving license.

I've been working on this and have found a way (well, actually two ways) to do this. Actually, while typing this, I've come up with a real beaut of a third way...requires good acting skills however..but definitely doable. :D Needs a bit of research...but only to establish the baseline..the method is foolproof.

EDIT: Actually, it's so bleeding obvious that I have a huge grin on my face :D

RogerS":1rvdag84 said:
Brittleheart":1rvdag84 said:
RogerS":1rvdag84 said:
No-one is suggesting that a DNA database is anymore an invasion of privacy than a fingerprint database and so I don't really follow your line of reasoning.

OK then, if a DNA database is no more an invasion of privacy than a fingerprint database then it is no more of an issue either. Ergo I do not have a problem with it, just as I do not have a problem with a fingerprint database. I guess that puts me on the side of those who do not think it is a big deal as far as my personal privacy is concerned. Clearly you disagree, but thank you anyway for helping me form my own opinion.

No.o.o.o...you missed the point that my original response was in response to loz who was suggesting that we all have our DNA taken at birth...and I am against that.

OK, I see, thanks for the clarification. Frankly I don't have a problem with that either if it means that there is greater likelihood of catching some little toe rag who mugs me in twenty years time.

Mike has just brought this thread to my attention.

SPinonit, I've deleted your posts in this thread.

If you want to personally insult people and be derogatory to their family do that elsewhere, not here. If you cannot discuss issues in a civil and reasoned fashion your views are unwelcome here.

cambournepete":33nf9h83 said:
RogerS":33nf9h83 said:
That was in all the good Frederick Forsyth books!

Actually here's a challenge. How would you go about creating another identity?
I've read "The Odessa File" too...
I've no idea how to create another identity, but then why on earth would I want to? And that's a rhetorical question...:)

should have read dogs of war then :lol: - tho that method (getting a birth certificate for a baby that died young that has a birth date similar to your own - wont work any more as since computerisation they know that the birth cert is for a deceased person.

It is virtually impossible to set up a watertight false identity nowdays - tho its quite easy to borrow/steal someone elses - tho thats not without its hazards.

there is a good description of the various routes and their pitfalls in barry eislers "hard rain" (which has nothing to do with the film of the same title)

Noel":ewiow4j4 said:
Told me off....

RogerS, Noel, everyone else - I am sorry.

In a moment of stupidity I lost the plot and posted some comments and views that were inappropriate to constructive debate and argument. Perhaps it was because it is a subject close to my heart and therefore quite emotive for me. In itself, that should possibly have been enough to warn me from taking part, or at least from posting an of-the-cuff response as I did.

I will not make the same mistake and I hope I have not permanently offended you RogerS or anyone else - I do enjoy being party to the forum and it is my intention to do so constructively.

Regards
Steve :oops:

Steve - well done for aplogising - imo any one can lose their temper but it takes a good man to know when they have, and a better man still to hold their hand up and admit it

IMO what you had to say on point was valid and factually interesting regardless of whether one agreed with it - so stripped of the personal insults it woould have made a good poost and contribution to the debate.

SPinonit":151xe5jf said:
Noel":151xe5jf said:
Told me off....

RogerS, Noel, everyone else - I am sorry.

In a moment of stupidity I lost the plot and posted some comments and views that were inappropriate to constructive debate and argument. Perhaps it was because it is a subject close to my heart and therefore quite emotive for me. In itself, that should possibly have been enough to warn me from taking part, or at least from posting an of-the-cuff response as I did.

I will not make the same mistake and I hope I have not permanently offended you RogerS or anyone else - I do enjoy being party to the forum and it is my intention to do so constructively.

Regards
Steve :oops:

Hi Steve,

IMHO I don't think Roger is the type to hold a grudge, and we all say stupid things in the spur of the moment, especially if as you say the subject was close to your heart.

If things are getting a bit hot under the collar, try and refrain from posting again in that thread anyway. That's what I try to do :roll:

Cheers

Mike

Back