Distressing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malkyboi

Reaction score
I am looking for info on light distressing on a small side table, i have distressed other oak pieces before, but it was quite heavy. I used bunches of keys, bike chains, belt sander etc, But am looking for something quite light!!! almost subtle

cheers

M

Hi try a piece of shale(used on railways lines as ballast) the stuff thats full of holes, alternatively crack a house brick open :wink: then go over the piece with a random rocking action this will break fibres in the surface timber, wipe the surface(or blow it off) and carry on with staining and coating to a finish

make it stand in the corner and call it fat , useless , and "dead wood" :lol:

that aside you could also use a sand blaster on a low air setting

Try fine garden grit or small builders plaster rubble in a thickish polythene bag. The bag will wrap itself around the edges and legs. If you grasp the neck of the bag and 'pad' the bottom onto the surfaces, it will give quite a controllable bit of 'worryage'. Fine wire wool will help relieve and shine up the grain, leave outside for a couple of days, plenty of wax and a buff. Alternatively cover it in chocolate and leave it with my missus for an hour, it'll look terrible.
best of luck, cheers, Nick.

Back