Dispenser for Grip a Discs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Having just received another batch of sanding discs I finally got round to concentrating the storage space for them and my fabric backed abrasives.

click on image for larger view

Its crude and if I was to tell you it is just a 'concept mock-up' you would only assume that it will still be in use in twelve months time anyway.
Holds twenty discs of each grit and slots in front of tubes show when last ten are being consumed.
Tubes spaced 1 1/2 disc thickness above half shelf to allow bottom disc to be acquired.

Still to have a coat of paint and perhaps some grit size labels, oh; and a small tray in the spare slot for the 'standard velcro' discs.

Intention is to hang it on the wall with a french cleat so that it is still mobile, it's ability to collect stray dust may scupper this open storage though.

Anyone else using a tube to dispense Grip-A Discs might care to note that it pays to load the discs in "Grit to Grit" as they tend to adhere to adjacent disc if stacked "Grit to Fabric"

I've been planning to make storage like this for a while now, but as usual I haven't quite got round to it.
B&Q locally sell tube of just the right diameter (about 2mm wider all round) but it only comes in 3m lengths - that would hold an awful lot of discs!

Your post might just spur me on to get it done.

Thanks
Duncan

duncanh":3oqvat49 said:
...snip...
B&Q locally sell tube of just the right diameter (about 2mm wider all round) but it only comes in 3m lengths - that would hold an awful lot of discs!....snip...Duncan

Don't worry, you will find some other use for the rest of the tube eventually. :lol:

Stopped using precut disks when I discovered Rhyno velco grit, available mail order from Australian Outback Imports Colchester Tel : 01206 231361 ask for Keith mention my name you may get discount

Velcro Grit

Pack consists of 2x 0.5m lengths of the following grits:

This is one of the cheapest and most cost effective abrasives

We have cut over 200x 2 inch disks from one pack.

Oz Outback Price: £11.00 (Including: VAT at 17.5%)

Chris

ctb":rs08eoqs said:
Stopped using precut disks when I discovered Rhyno velco grit, available mail order from Australian Outback Imports
Linky-poos - thanks, Chris; good tip.

Chaz, you're too organised as well as being too productive. Go away and leave us poor disorganised slobs alone, will ya? :p (But very nice, I'm just feeling guilty)

Cheers, Alf

I too have placed an order BY PHONE.

I noted when I got to the checkout on their web site that according to my browser the Card Details were not encrypted .
Have alerted them to this and asked for action.

Latest posts

Back