Discount.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder when Axminster will follow the high street trend and offer 50% off of the quoted price, dream on Rich. :roll:

Rich.

Rich":2rc8ppxx said:
I wonder when Axminster will follow the high street trend and offer 50% off of the quoted price, dream on Rich. :roll:

Rich.

Probably around the same time we see penguins having tea with satan , and pigs are landing at east middlands airport :lol: :lol:

Mic..

Axminster email club 10% Discount.... Looks like it includes FESTOOL. 8)

*10% OFF Voucher Terms and Conditions
• This voucher applies to online purchases only and excludes mail order, postal and retail store purchases
• This voucher is valid from Tuesday 23rd December 2008 to midnight Sunday 4th January 2009
• This voucher is valid for redemption on one transaction only
• The 10% discount is only eligible on one item up to £5000 (inc VAT) order value
i.e. a maximum of £500 (inc VAT) discount is available
• This voucher cannot be exchanged for cash equivalent
• This voucher is exclusive to Email Club members who joined before 23rd December 2008
• This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer

Paul

In the climate 10% isn't enough to make me jump. Needs to be closer to 20-25% for a start.

I have asked for Axminster gift vouchers when relatives have asked what I want for Christmas......
I will be upset if prices don't go down in January, or at least they hold thes sale they have on at present.

Mike

CNC Paul":7pbxkdkx said:
Axminster email club 10% Discount.... Looks like it includes FESTOOL. 8)

*10% OFF Voucher Terms and Conditions
• This voucher applies to online purchases only and excludes mail order, postal and retail store purchases
• This voucher is valid from Tuesday 23rd December 2008 to midnight Sunday 4th January 2009
• This voucher is valid for redemption on one transaction only
• The 10% discount is only eligible on one item up to £5000 (inc VAT) order value
i.e. a maximum of £500 (inc VAT) discount is available
• This voucher cannot be exchanged for cash equivalent
• This voucher is exclusive to Email Club members who joined before 23rd December 2008
• This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer

Paul

Thats handy just in time for Festool to put their prices up 10% on the 1st :lol: :lol:

I had this email too and didnt take much notice mainly because the links did not work in the email. If it does include Festool then I might get the OF1400 router I will have to email them tomorrow.

I always find going into my local hardware and tools dealers I will haggle for extra stuff that usually equates to at least 10% extra.
Axminster have these 'fantastic' offers that don't exactly exite me, with savings of £2-£3 off big deal !!

email from Axminster as follows :

Thank you for your email.
Unfortunately this voucher excludes any Festool products but all other goods in the catalogue will qualify. I hope this information helps and please contact us again with any other enquiries.
Sorry for any inconvenience

Wish they had put that in the T & C's I got excited there for a moment I had an excuse to buy a new Festool :lol: :cry: :cry:

When buying something in person my father would allways joke "where's my 100% discount". It was surprising how many times someone said "oh you get discount do you?".

I didn't receive it either, despite being on their mailing list :(

Can anybody confirm: is it 10% off one item, or is it 10% off your total order?

Many thanks

CWatters":3fobp5rm said:
When buying something in person my father would allways joke "where's my 100% discount". It was surprising how many times someone said "oh you get discount do you?".

As a matter of fact! They pay extra if you charge something ,Visa wants their cut,banks too...so if you pay with cash you should get a discount.

Ax'ster is getting big ideas, as they now have a Marketing Manager. I presume that's the reason for higher catalogue prices (they jumped a lot if you recall) and regular TopTool mailings of stuff on discount (just about), and "email club" 10% discounts. A flurry of marketing "activity", all paid for by customers, of course. Just makes it harder to know what the real price is: must be a good markup on diamond hole saws selling at about 70 quid a set on half price offer.

ivan":1zq0inu4 said:
Ax'ster is getting big ideas, as they now have a Marketing Manager. I presume that's the reason for higher catalogue prices (they jumped a lot if you recall) and regular TopTool mailings of stuff on discount (just about), and "email club" 10% discounts. A flurry of marketing "activity", all paid for by customers, of course. Just makes it harder to know what the real price is: must be a good markup on diamond hole saws selling at about 70 quid a set on half price offer.

Well, if they now have a marketing manager, someone is going to have to pay for his/her wages, how did they get by without one before?

Rich.

Back