disaster warning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aragorn":133ot9z7 said:
<smarty pants> :lol:

Well, I was going to be a little more subtle - but well, I reckon you could have spotted that yourself :wink: :lol:

Adam

Too much time spent staring out that window watching the world go by eh?

I hope you have calmed down Devon, its a terrible way to learn, but its a lesson you will not forget in a hurry.

I'm with asleitch I have six pairs around the garage, and as I have lost 3 this week I am still protected by the other 3.

I have been close to doing the same thing as devon with my table saw, I'm now very frightened and will check more often.

Bean

Wake up calls like that are something that I'm sure we would willingly live without...but all NEED every now and then....

I learned a while back that I'm terrible for forgettin where I put the safety glasses down... lost countless hours lookin for em.... so I put em on a laniard... first thing on is the string round my neck whenever power tools are gonna be used..

Glad to hear you walked away from this one Devon....

Thanks all for the concern regarding my safety, but also some of the replies regarding safe use are very enlightening. I like the idea of having safety specs hanging on each machine.

With regard to my underwear I will check on Friday, thats wash day.

Alf, does the visor not alter your perpective when it gets a little dusty, since it is a fair distance away from your eyes?

With my glasses and muffs I look like the Axminster guy, imagine the AirACE as well :wink:

CYC,

I can't say I've noticed any problems. I only recently got round to changing to a new, un-scathed visor, after more time than I care to admit :oops: , and I wasn't struck that I was suddenly seeing more than I was before. Might be different if you're used to safety specs or goggles perhaps, but as I only ever use visors...

Cheers, Alf

Who doesn't care to speculate just how daft she looks in her workshop rig. :roll:

Who doesn't care to speculate just how daft she looks in her workshop rig.

Ahhhhhh..now there's a picture... ear defenders, full face visor and cute lil smock..

<duckin...

I have 3 pairs of safety glasses - bandsaw, planer, TS. WHen I finish a cut and take them off, I lay them down in front of the blade .. have to move them out of the way before I do another cut :shock:

Back