digital angle finder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodds

Established Member
Reaction score
Before posting this I did check for previous posts but not much there!

I am looking for a digital angle finder and am looking at either the Trend digital rule or the Trend daf/8 the rule is half the price of the daf/8 other than that I can't see a big difference.

However I am open to suggestions as to what you guys use and what experiences you have had.

I understand that battery life on some models is an issue?

I've got one of the Axminster GemRed 150mm angle rules, which I was happy with until it appeared to start over-reading, the further you moved the rule away from its zero setting. As far as I can tell, the Trend one is exactly the same as the Axi one, with a trend sticker on it. A mate has so far had to reject two of them, which were playing up straight out of the box.

I'm now also using a Moore & Wright one, from Cromwell tools. They stock two lengths, 200mm and 300mm

Depends how accurate you need it to be. I'd happily use my Axi one for most things, other than checking a grid of holes I've machined into bench tops. For that task I'll only use the Moore & Wright.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Stu

Stu_2":25l4fr1v said:
Depends how accurate you need it to be. I'd happily use my Axi one for most things, other than checking a grid of holes I've machined into bench tops.

Thanks Stu that is helpful.

I'm just looking to find angles for small projects and saw blade accuracy

Tony

Stu_2":3afswaep said:
I've got one of the Axminster GemRed 150mm angle rules, which I was happy with until it appeared to start over-reading, the further you moved the rule away from its zero setting. As far as I can tell, the Trend one is exactly the same as the Axi one, with a trend sticker on it. A mate has so far had to reject two of them, which were playing up straight out of the box.

I'm now also using a Moore & Wright one, from Cromwell tools. They stock two lengths, 200mm and 300mm

Depends how accurate you need it to be. I'd happily use my Axi one for most things, other than checking a grid of holes I've machined into bench tops. For that task I'll only use the Moore & Wright.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Stu

I had this problem

it was on a flat surface before you zeroed it ?

Steve

I'd happily recommend the gemred ones ! - just press and hold the off button until screen goes blank, otherwise it turns itself back on with the slightest movement of the two rulers ;) wonder if it was a dodgy batch ? I've got 3 and all of them work great.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Another vote for the Gemred here. I'd buy another tomorrow if I broke my current one.
No issues with accuracy, I check it against an engineers square every now and again.

Back