Diamond Blade clamp

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjcann

Established Member
Reaction score
I am having a problem with the blade clamp on my diamond fretsaw, when tightening the screw the blade runs out from centre, my first thought was that the screw had been over tightened at some time leaving an indent in flat end of the screw, but it appears ok, I wondered if anybody had experienced this problem.
Martin

A comon problem with blade clamps over a period of time the end of the tightening bolt gets covered in crud which causes the blades to slip. I would clean the end of the bolt and the one of the left hand saide as well.

Martin, I do believe Gill has a Diamond saw, you should pm her if she doesn't pick up on this thread and maybe she could help solve your problem.
happy scrolling
Steve

It's not a problem I've encountered before. Perhaps cleaning the clamp with white spirits and lightly passing a fine abrasive over it might help, but I'm only speculating.

Thanks for replies.
I think crud was the problem, I gave it a wash out and ran sandpaper through slot as suggested, all seems well now.

Martin

Back