Dewalt tstak vs fatmax pro stack comparison?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheUnicorn

Established Member
Reaction score
I got an email today from toolstation with an offer on a stanley fatmax tool tote and case bundle Search it looks like pro stack and tstak lock together in combination. i know stanley and dewalt are effectively the same company but I'm wondering why they're bringing out the same products twice. Has anyone got any of the new fatmax boxes / totes, I'm wondering if there is any actual differences between pro stack and tstak.

I know there is now tstak 2.o with waterproof seals and a higher price, just to confuse matters.

Same product-different logo so appeals to both sets of brand users who like everything to matcho_O at minimal cost,from a profit point of view it has to be a winner.

As a consumer, I find all the subtle variations in seemingly identical storage products really iritating, so for instance fatmax do two 'deep pro organiser', one has metal catches and a waterproof seal, the other has identical dimensions but plastic catches, they sell for around the same price. If you go onto amazon you'll find dozens of listings for them, and reading through the reviews clearly loads of people have thought they are getting one thing and are being sent another. Why they are muddying their name like this is anyone's guess

I have a stanley tote for 'sale' if anyone is looking at getting one. It's a couple of years old and dusty but basically unused for any practical purpose. The Mrs bought it for me as a misguided present. It's just been sat in the shed literally gathering dust. Never been used to carry tools about. Clicking on the link above made me realise I really should sell it on tout de suit. Or Toot Sweet as I originally wrote then googled as I realised I had no idea what I was writing other than it was wrong. Mange tout Rodders, Maaaaange tout.
I can post in the sale section with photos etc if any Mods are getting itchy fingers but seems sensible to post here where parties interested in tool totes might look. 😬 Feel free to PM me.

Same product different price points.

Audi VW Skoda seat same tech different price points.

My fatmax drills are better imho than cheap DeWalt ones.

Cheers James

This is a sore subject for me as I'm building an organiser cabinet for my Stanley fatmax shallow pro and deep pro organisers. When I realised I actually needed double the amount of organisers to store all my bits and bobs I ended up making a double cabinet. Then I went to buy 5 more shallow organisers with grey plastic front catches - only to find Stanley have stopped making them and all suppliers have now absolutely zero in stock but loads of deep pro ones, so I am forced to alter the rails to accommodate deep pros to replace the shallow pros which, when you've glued and pinned every rail is a real pain in the arris 😡

When I read first post I had no idea what a prostak or a tstak was, so I clicked the link. £35 for a plastic box that must cost VERY little to make (£2 injection moulding) Could never bring myself to do it unless needed professionally

When I read first post I had no idea what a prostak or a tstak was, so I clicked the link. £35 for a plastic box that must cost VERY little to make (£2 injection moulding) Could never bring myself to do it unless needed professionally
You have a point, but decent storage always costs money, you could chuck everything in the cheap plastic boxes that you can pick up all over the place for 3 or 4 quid, but they just don't last at all, if you are even slightly rough with them you get a lot of box splinters and no box. Undoubtably the main market is for the trades, where everything wheels out of the van together, locked as one unit.

Unbelievable Stanley have entered this market and not made it compatible with their shallow and deep pro organisers. they’re what everyone uses.

Unbelievable Stanley have entered this market and not made it compatible with their shallow and deep pro organisers. they’re what everyone uses.
yeah, it all seems an odd choice, muddying their brand, also came across a fatmax toughsystem (ie dewalt toughsystem) box online somewhere. Personally I just would just want to know that one brand had one system, and everything locked together. a little bit more common sense in the stanley family would be good

Latest posts

Back