Dewalt Tracksaw - workaround for clamp/connector prices

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodgers

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently splashed out on a nice Dewalt track saw and a couple of tracks after discovering that putting full sheets of ply through a Axy TS200 was a scary experience.

After spending way over £300, there was no way I was paying £50 for two small clamps for the tracks or £20 for a tiny connector bar (even Festool charge less for their track accessories!).

The solution? A bandsaw, a drill press, a scrap of decent euro oak and a cheap £3.50 quick clamp and you have this:

18337872105_7e0d24651e_b.jpg

17695939493_e72e8e62cd_b.jpg

I read somewhere that somebody tried something similar by blowtorching the end of the clamp and then bending it straight to fit in the clamp slot.

This seems strong enough with the oak though, it can be clamped fairly tight without the oak breaking.

Sorry Pete I normally let you know when there's bargains around. They put the price up now to £38 each but they're still buy 3 get one free at Amazon.

chippy1970":mh7ql2k8 said:
Sorry Pete I normally let you know when there's bargains around. They put the price up now to £38 each but they're still buy 3 get one free at Amazon.
Hey Chris. Thanks, but DW, I saw it on FOG, just have other things on my mind right now :?

Cheers, Pete

Back