Dewalt RAS DW125 switch problem.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powertools

Established Member
Reaction score
After 30 years of problem free service I switched on the saw today and it gave off one of those electrical noises that you never want to hear and triped out the fuse and no longer works. The noise came from the switch and not the motor is this a possible repair?

Probably... I rewired mine when the cable from switch to motor burned out, discovered most of the parts other than the major body components are are still available online.

Switches will fail after prolonged use over time, although I can't think of what sound it would make. Replacing a switch is relatively straight forward but check the brushes before you proceed.

MrA":emuxhxzm said:
Switches will fail after prolonged use over time, although I can't think of what sound it would make. Replacing a switch is relatively straight forward but check the brushes before you proceed.

I think the DW125 has an induction motor

Many thanks for replies.
This problem has happened mid way in an urgent personal business project and I think that it is better to finish without it and sort it out later.

Your problem sounds similar, although not identical to the switch failure on my Elu RAS, a very similar unit. My saw worked one day and then not the next. I realised the switch was not locking in, and if I kept my thumb on it the saw would continue to run and I could continue with my work. If this is the same problem a DeWalt original switch is about £30 on e-bay, an Axminster alternative?? as follows a lot cheaper at £7.70 and worth a call to find out if it is compatable. http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-ax ... rod824639/

Colin

Having now taken the saw to bits there is a hole burnt through the side of the capacitor I have ordered one and hope that this sorts it out.
Many thanks for the help offered.

New capacitor arrived today all fitted and up and running again. Total cost £7 very happy I really thought that the saw had come to the end of it's life.

Back