• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dewalt Palm router D26200 bargain B&Q

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sachakins

The most wasted of days is one without woodwork
Reaction score
Just picked up the D26200 900w palm/trim router in B&Q.

Amazon £185
B&Q Normally £170
B&Q has an Online has 10% discount, so £153.
But today till Monday get a further 10% off if you got a B&Q club card

Ordered one this morning, no delivery so click and collect in nearest store with stock, picked it up this afternoon.

Final price £137.70.

Fill your boots guys.

genuine question, is this a significantly better tool than the makita trimmer that B&Q are selling for £99 inc cutters?

https://www.diy.com/departments/mak...immer-guide-240v-bit-set/5055995553753_BQ.prd
Yes, Makita is 710w, dewalt is 900w, dewalt is slightly bigger spindle, 69mm vs 65 mm, it's also heavier and easier to handle. It's also great if you are mounting in a cnc as an upgrade. It also feels more robust. The rpm range on makita is 10,000 to 30,000 iirc, only 16,000 to 24,000 on dewalt, but the lower and higher rpm speeds on makita are below and above 99% of the speeds need.

You can also get it around £75, so tad dear in b&q, as those bit sets are a bit naff anyway. Better just buying the actual bits you need as and when needed

Not saying its a bad piece of kit, it's actually quite good, just not as good or powerful as the dewalt.

Thanks @Sachakins for the heads up. Ordered one, just got a bit of a trek to collect it. Fortunately it's not too far from the journey i had planned for today. Plan to stick this in my CNC.

Thanks @Sachakins for the heads up. Ordered one, just got a bit of a trek to collect it. Fortunately it's not too far from the journey i had planned for today. Plan to stick this in my CNC.
That's what I'm doing with mine too.

Ah man I bought one of these just last week at full price.

I've also stuck this in my cnc, just waiting for 1/8 collet adapter to be delivered before I can try it out.

@supertom44 @Sachakins What CNC machines do you have? I got a prover4030xl in January. Its about as big as I can fit in the space i have. Been put off a little bit with the speed of the stock spindle, so hoping this DW will enable increased depth of cut and speed. Been looking for one for a while.

As a bonus, we were off to buy some new housewares and expecting to spend about £300. Managed to pick up what we wanted from near the B&Q and only spent £150. = a free router in my head :)

@supertom44 @Sachakins What CNC machines do you have? I got a prover4030xl in January. Its about as big as I can fit in the space i have. Been put off a little bit with the speed of the stock spindle, so hoping this DW will enable increased depth of cut and speed. Been looking for one for a while.

As a bonus, we were off to buy some new housewares and expecting to spend about £300. Managed to pick up what we wanted from near the B&Q and only spent £150. = a free router in my head :)
Haha I like your thinking.

I actually have the same CNC, one day if I can find space I'd love to get a bigger machine. But for now hoping with the addition of the DeWalt router that it will serve me well for awhile.

dewalt is slightly bigger spindle, 69mm vs 65 mm, it's also heavier and easier to handle.
So does the bigger spindle mean less play and a more accurate cut? I'm assuming the extra weight means it doesn't bounce around as much?

I have that makita, I think I paid £65 with no bits from ITS, very happy with it for my needs.

I have the proverxl 4030 too, it came in Santa's sack of toys at Christmas.

I bent the shaft on my stock spindle, my fault not the machines. So canabilised my old ferrex trim router to fit the 69mm mount. It cut my machining time by about 70%.
Problem is its a 700w fixed speed 35,000 rpm, so it was overheating the new carbide bits I had. That's when I decided on the dewalt, was about to buy one on the Wednesday, but got side tracked, that was lucky as I then landed on the deal.

Just spent to day prepping the cnc, decided to swap the frame around so the motors are now at the front.

It gives more front space, so can fit a 3" or 4" hose now.
Couldn't fit one that big before, as it would hit the front of the enclosure I built for it.

Finishing it off this week 🤞🤞🤞

So does the bigger spindle mean less play and a more accurate cut? I'm assuming the extra weight means it doesn't bounce around as much?

I have that makita, I think I paid £65 with no bits from ITS, very happy with it for my needs.
I don't have an issue with the makita, just that my cnc was designed ready to upgrade to the 69mm dwp611, which is the 110v stateside version, the DW26200 is the 220v equivalent in the UK.

Alre
Haha I like your thinking.

I actually have the same CNC, one day if I can find space I'd love to get a bigger machine. But for now hoping with the addition of the DeWalt router that it will serve me well for awhile.
Already looking at the 6060 upgrade kit, even the bigger 1m x 1m, but no spa e unless I rejig the shed. But think it'll be a while yet.

Ah man I bought one of these just last week at full price.

I've also stuck this in my cnc, just waiting for 1/8 collet adapter to be delivered before I can try it out.
Invested in 3 solid carbide bits all 1/4", a spiral downcut, spiral upcut and 4 flute 60° v bit, not cheap, but great for speed, ideal roughing cut for hogging out trays/bowls etc. Spe tools brand.
Been great on the router, but don't think you would see their benefits on a stock 300w/500w spindle, they need the HP of a router to really excel.

Invested in 3 solid carbide bits all 1/4", a spiral downcut, spiral upcut and 4 flute 60° v bit, not cheap, but great for speed, ideal roughing cut for hogging out trays/bowls etc. Spe tools brand.
Been great on the router, but don't think you would see their benefits on a stock 300w/500w spindle, they need the HP of a router to really excel.
Nice, what brand? I definetely wanna get some decent bits.

Alre

Already looking at the 6060 upgrade kit, even the bigger 1m x 1m, but no spa e unless I rejig the shed. But think it'll be a while yet.
Same, I've either gotta build/buy a shed or currently debating if I can clear enough space in my utility room which backs onto my garage workshop.

Nice, what brand? I definetely wanna get some decent bits.

Same, I've either gotta build/buy a shed or currently debating if I can clear enough space in my utility room which backs onto my garage workshop.
This was one of them, it's longer than normal but great for cutting deep stock

SpeTool Spiral Router Bits with UpCut 1/4 inch Cutting Diameter, 1/4 inch Shank 3 inch Extra Long Reach HRC55 Solid Carbide CNC End Mill for Wood Cut, Carving​

Installed the DW router tonight - followed James Dean Designs approach on youtube. I didn't bother with the SSR, will just use the on off switch I think. Or maybe a switched 4 gang. Didn't have time to check the tramming, o will do that later in the week.
A quick test lettering carve , guessing the feed rate and plunge rate, did the carve in half the time it took previously.

Installed the DW router tonight - followed James Dean Designs ...
Hi, sounds good. Just finished my mods tonight, turned the frame around so motor's at front, gives more free space in the enclosure I built. Added two perspex sides, bent to attached to aluminium dust guards and go up and over rails. Fitted router and rebuilt enclosure. Ready for testing tomorrow.

Back