Makita & DeWalt routers at B&Q - Northwich

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a quick note to say that I was in B&Q Northwich today, and they have changed their router display - all expensive models removed, only cheapo's left.

So they have a few Makita's (don't know the model no, but it is £230 in Screwfix) for £150, and a few DeWalt 624's (should be £200) for £133. Might get myself a Makita tomorrow.

Don't know if other stores are doing this, or if its specific to Northwich.

Cheers

Karl

You'd think they'd just transfer stock to Screwfix and sell it at the normal price ...

We were in the Havant branch yesterday and they had loads of power tools in bins just inside the doors. Mainly 'Performance' and 'Macallister' but some higher quality stuff - Makita chop saws, jigsaws, power planer (just the one), and routers also DeWalt chop saws, angle grinders and a palm sander also one Triton hand held circular saw (about 235mm blade).

Misterfish

If the Makita router is the 3612C model with variable speed and electronic brake then it's as good a bargain as the sub-£100 Trition's, if not even better for freehand use!

It's the electronic brake that does it for me. The cutter stops within seconds; something I've yet to see on any other router. You barely have to wait before starting the next cut or changing cutter - so, it would also be a good addition for a router table (although, I think the plunge depth is less than the Triton and you have to change below the table).

Another reason I like this router is for its depth stop. Unlike the DeWalt 625's, it's on a screw thread with a quick-release button. The DeWalt's is okay, but if the plunge bars get sticky (resinous pine) and you're having to force the plunge too much then you can easily hit the stop bar and move the setting! (I've done it many times at work!)

The Makita 3612C is the proverbial dog's wotsits! :D

Back