Dewalt DW 625ek dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acewoodturner

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a project coming up whereby I am going to have to rout out a rebate in 500 blocks of oak. In the past the extraction side hasn't been too much of a problem but now it is with this project. I have the big camvac extractor with the three motors which has a 4 inch dia hose and I have just bought the reducer for that down to 2 1/2 inches. If I remember correctly the plastic clear guard on the router has an outside diameter of 38mm (I will check at workshop today). I would prefer a bayonet/hose fitting to fit onto the outside of it rather than the inside in order not to lose any of the small outlet dia.
Does any have a setup they could let me know about that would sort this imo unnecessarily complicated minefield. I haven't bought a 63mm hose yet so it doesn't matter what size hose is recommended as I know I will have to buy one anyway. Getting everything from the one supplier would be handy though.
If I can get away without using a roll of duck tape that would be brilliant!

Mike

I use a DW 625ek with a Festool CT dust extractor. The extraction is very good, even with the 27mm standard hose that fits INSIDE the dust extraction port on the Dewalt router. I also have the Festool 36mm hose and it fits on the OUTSIDE of the Dewalt extraction port. It is slightly more efficient, but the larger hose is quite a bit stiffer and it can make it more awkward with some routing, depending on what type of work I'm doing.

Having the hose drop down to the router from above helps a lot, as opposed to having the hose catching the edges of the work.

Tim.

I have just measured the plastic port on the router extraction thingy and it is nearly 40mm in dia. Seems that Dewalt do make an attachment that fits over it (it was hard to find and I think they want to keep it secret!). The only trouble with it is that it is to connect to their own vacuum extractor. Think I will check out Axi and Rutlands and see if I can come up with a winning combi. What should be an easy exercise is turning out to be a PITA.
Thanks Tim.

Wouldn't it make sense to use a router table for the job you're planning ? I don't know the exact details of your job but at a guess it sounds easier on a table.

Also the extraction set up isn't as complicated as you're making out. Lots of adapters are available from places like axminster to easily connect anything to anything. I have the 626 the bigger brother to yours with a similar dust shroud. I use it in and out of a table and just use plumbing waste connectors or when mobile my festool midi hose fits perfectly in the port.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back