Dewalt 712

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banjo

Established Member
Reaction score
Howdo all,
Seen a compound mitre saw in the local Bee and Screw for £299. It is a 712 model and looks fairly substantial. Anyone got experience with this particular model?
Cheers
:eek:ccasion5:
Banjo

Banjo, I can't help you directly, but I just did a search on this forum using the terms: Dewalt 712 and that through up a number of threads which should help you out.

Banjo

I've had a 712 for a year or three and I think it's very good. £299 seems VERY cheap. D&M Tools are doing it for £399. I think that's more like the average price these days. I'd snap it up at that price!

Cheers

The 712 is a great machine, very accurate and highly rated by most people.

You can get biiger capacity on other machines as the blade is only 216mm, but unless you are cutting massive roofing timbers or similar should be adequate for most users most of the time.

Are you sure on the price though, as £400 (incl vat) is the current deal most places ?

Rgds, Paul. :D

Are you sure on the price though, as £400 (incl vat) is the current deal most places ?

The price is right, as a bit of a gloat I paid £250 for mine in B&Q last week when the extra discount was on, they also had the makitas with the double linear bearings but smaller blade. Just in case you find the thread where I query the vibration at start up, I can again confirm this is normal as there is no soft start so the initial surge causes a split second of vibration that it would only appear softies like me notice :) Still cracking value at £300 You'd have to spend £450 plus to get the soft start Makita.

Alan

Back