Dewalt 703, Are they any good

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggflan

Established Member
Reaction score
As the thread says are the Dewalt 703 chop saws any good , B&Q have them on sale at £149 and they were knocking them out for £300 a few weeks ago , i posted on general about the chew im having getting one from my local store :roll:

Seems very cheap for a Dewalt product , anyone got one and what are your thoughts , i have a sliding mitre saw which is passed its best (macallister one) it has served me well but im using it every day and it is showing its quality by not cutting square anymore and the brake packed up the other day so it spins for eterinty after you shut it off which is annoying and a little scary :lol: I have a few hundred quid burning a hole in my pocket so only using half on a new saw would be a bonus as it will leave me money for other nice things .. :lol:

Yes definitely a good saw. I have the 718 and can't fault it, well apart from you need to be a weight lifter to carry it. I have found mine very accurate even for a 12" slider! :wink:

I think Dewalt chop saws are very good. I would be tempted to spend £50 or so more and get a Dewalt 707 which offers greater cutting capacity in about the same footprint. http://www.toolstop.co.uk/dewalt-dw707- ... tand-p5243

I know there is some talk on here about sliding saws being less accuarate but I have used one of these in the workshop and on site for years without any problems.

Jon

The sliding saw has never given me any problems at all , i always belived them to be a better saw because i cut with the blade down and pushing away so the cut is deep in the blade so not much force on the underside as it breaks through .. :?

I think i will go and pick one up tomorrow , if i can (another story) as the price alone is very good :D

Well i will answer my own question :lol:

I like the saw , its very smooth and acurate straight from the box , and even the standard blade cuts like the old hot knife through butter thing .

Im very impressed and even more so for £149 8)

I've had a DW703 for about 7 years now and its still as good as when I bought it. Very robust and accurate, not the biggest capacity but I've not found it lacking too often.

I can't remember what I paid for mine, but I think it was in the region of £350 (7 years ago) so I would say you got a bargain.

Cheers, Ed

Don't forget, if you know someone over 60, they can get a 10% discount card which they can use on wednesdays.
Also, I think I saw an advert for 10% off everything over the bank holiday weekend.

Latest posts

Back