Devon : bandsaw experts!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainpk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I had problems before, with wheels on my Kity bandsaw. I have now setup both of my wheels, with new rubbers, all looking good!

Problem (of course).....

I have been fiddling and I cannot get it to work perfectly. My issue is I could fiddle for days on end, and I think I will get there eventually; with the help of this forum and so on.

But, I may be better just paying for some to come in for a couple of hours and set it up and do any maintenance that may be needed!

Does this person exist? Any one had any experience with this?

I live in East Devon.

Nev,

Yes, Steve videos are an option. The issue with the videos is it needs a reliable competent mechanically minded person to carry out the instruction.

Which is not always me!

Just looking for an easy option.

Captainpk

You shouldn't need to fiddle for hours. Just work through step by step.

It shouldn't need much mechanical knowledge. I have none and can do it.

Check wheels are co planar. Put blade on, tension and get it tracking in the right place. You can skip 1st step but if you can't get it tracking, it is something worth checking. A small adjustment on the tracking knob may make a big change on blade. When that is done, I check that table is at 90 degrees to the blade and lock that in place. It shouldn't have moved but takes a couple of seconds to check. Sort back and guide bearings, then run test cuts- straight line along fence, blade is cutting vertically etc. there are various things online about what to tweek if the cut isn't quite right- assuming a decent blade of appropriate tpi.

The problem with getting somebody else to do it is that you won't dare change a blade so will be running them too blunt and wrong for some situations. I dreaded changing planer blades and the finish from they got worse and worse...

captainpk":26lm1b1i said:
But it's keeping the band on now.
??
If you describe what exact problems you're having, I'm sure people here will offer some helpful advice to try.

There's quite a lot of conflicting advice around about band saw set up, so to a degree you have to find out which bits work for your machine and what you're doing with it.

Rhossydd":22gir4mk said:
John15":22gir4mk said:
Although advice in that contradicts advice already given here (importance of co-planer wheels for example), plus there's no discussion of drift or setting mitre slots to the blade. It's just the simple easy stuff there.
That's because the wheels shouldn't be co- planer and if you get drift - You have set it up wrong. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have seen the video, it's very good. My theory is all there, just putting it in practice is not allways 100%.

Setting up my router table hopefully tonight. Holes were drilled on neighbours pillar drill, so I am all ready.

Next stop is getting some wood on these machines : )

carlb40":26xhbfwd said:
if you get drift - You have set it up wrong
Given the volume of comment on this issue across the web with varying reasons for it and solutions to it, describing it as a simple set up failure doesn't seem quite correct.

Latest posts

Back