Desktop Co2 laser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Britman

Chip of the old block
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I currently have a Diode laser and it's been a great little tool but I am finding it a little limiting now, mainly because it won't cut Acrylic.
So I'm now on the hunt for a smallish Co2 laser, I don't want something big (space issues) maybe something with a bed size of a A3 bit of paper.
Budget is around 500-700.
Any recommendations?

Cheers.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on the laser power, you should be able to cut acrylic with a diode laser, or is it actually polycarbonate you are trying to cut?
Have been looking at the chinese K40 laser, but that is a JOURNEY. You really need to tweak it, there are a lot of people who did all sorts of mods to it. I wanted something usable out of the box, so I went with the Sculpfun S30 Pro Max when they came out. Would like more power, but having a really large surface area is great.

I guess it depends on the laser power, you should be able to cut acrylic with a diode laser, or is it actually polycarbonate you are trying to cut?
Have been looking at the chinese K40 laser, but that is a JOURNEY. You really need to tweak it, there are a lot of people who did all sorts of mods to it. I wanted something usable out of the box, so I went with the Sculpfun S30 Pro Max when they came out. Would like more power, but having a really large surface area is great.
I cut acrylic with a diode laser. I did have a problem at first as I didn’t remove the protective film. The laser wouldn’t cut it!!

Latest posts

Back