Depth Gauge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeb

Reaction score
I'm wanting to purchase a good depth gauge to use primarily with my router. I've looked at the Trend and I'm not too impressed with it.

Anyone have any advice in this regard?

Thanks,

--Jeb

Hi Jeb

Here's a very posh alternative to the Trend. A snip at 255 Euro :!: :!:

Alternatively, you could go for it's poor relation with just the vernier scale at only half the price :!:

Personally I get by with the 5 quid cheapy Trend :D :wink:

Cheers (and 'scuse my French)

I have the trend one, I thought it might be a little rubbish, but it's actually really good. Works perfectly for settign router bit height, and settign the fence on the router table, as well as the table saw etc. For £5 it cost me, i thought it was a bargain, after all, it only has to do a little measuring! :)

Here's another vote for the Trend model.

At £5 a go, you really can't go wrong.

I use it all the time when setting up my router or adjusting the router table. Yet, at both joinery companies I've worked for already - and at college, too - I've seen so many people struggle with tape measure and odd scraps of timber, struggling to get it spot on. :D

I have the Trend and a very expensive electronic one which measures to a millionth of a millimetre and cost as much as that French model it has a magnetic base and when you press a particular button it sings and dances.
It's been sat in its custom box for two years.
Guess which one I use.

Dom

If anyone with time on their hands is interested in the electronic one make me an offer via e-mail, it works well,just not in a trade shop.
can't give details today (Sunday)not at workshop

Back