Delays with EB3 Mitre Gauge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had another play today with the eb3 and confirmed that 90 was spot on as I had thought.

However the detent for 45 is out a bit which is pretty annoying as I particularly wanted to be able to set it up easily for mitres.

So looks like it still has to be setup using the scale and trial and error each time I use it which is pretty dissapointing.

Have I missed something ? Don't see any way that the detent position can be adjusted as it's basically just a hole.

Any ideas welcome.......

Cheers, Paul. :D

After sleeping on it overnight I figured that, as everybody elses eb3 seemed to be very accurate, it was probably my particular setup that wasn't quite as spot on as I thought.

So looked up Scrits posting on adjusting sliding tables accurately and went into the workshop to try it out.

Sure enough this showed that the 90 setting was actually a little bit out, despite my thinking it was okay having checked it visually with an engineers square, and if this setting was out it was going to cause problems with the 45 setting such as I was experiencing.

So many test cuts and much fiddling later had the 90 setting almost right, just 0.15mm off on a 300mm length, and the 45 setting correspondingly improved, but not quite perfect.

After a break for lunch will try some final adjustments, but it was clearly the setup rather than the eb3 and should be able to get it exact with a bit more patience I think.

Cheers, Paul. :D

Hi Guys,
Have followed this with great interest as I have just bought an Incra 3000 Mitre Guage and can't wait for it to get here and see how it compares.
Regards,
Martin

Quick update for anyone waiting for, or wanting to order, and EB3. Just got an email from Osborne, manufacturer has shipped another batch which they will be dispatching in about a week to the UK.

Martin

Hi,
I have both, a kosha EB 3 and a dewalt sliding table with the supplied (EB3 cpoy). The Dewalt one fits the mitre gauge on my supersaw exactly the same as the proper EB3, no movement at all. The only difference between the two is that the DW has no extending stop but it could easily be rectified by a smooth cut about two inch from the end and then fixing it with suitable size bars that slide in and out the fence.
The EB3 is made slightly better but I can honestly say that the standard of cut from either is equally as good.
cheers,
jon.

Yep, they are shipping again.

They tried to deliver my Eb3 today, but no one in to receive it . All being well, should have it tomorrow

Tony":hdzc06fq said:
Yep, they are shipping again.

They tried to deliver my Eb3 today, but no one in to receive it . All being well, should have it tomorrow

Yeah, nearly the same story here. After having to pay extra to parcelfarce for the priviledge of delivering something I already paid shipping for, they tried to deliver in the only 10 mins of the entire day when the other half is out, she chased the van down the road and luckily he stopped a few doors further on :)

Back