Decent set of extending ladders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark18PLL

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a set of extending ladders, about 22ft for cleaning gutters etc. When looking their seem to be a lot of different makes, can anyone recommend a decent make that does not cost the earth but are good quality? I am looking for some that are trade/professional use as i will probably end up using them for work at some point.

Cheers

Mark

I'm sure it is similar where you are but here there are type ratings. They refer to the weight they are certified to hold. The more they can hold the heavier and stiffer they are. Find out what your rating system is and look for one with the weight rating you need. The difference between climbing a heavier rated ladder and a lightweight is amazing. No shaking or flexing when you are on it.

Pete

Have a Youngmans trade ladder that reaches the apex of my roof. They seem well made and have served me well for 10 years +
They are light enough which matters, and stable even when well extended with an alloy standoff clipped on.

Quality wise and for lower levels, little giant multipurpose ladders are excellent. V nice to use but expensive and relatively heavy.

I had a 4.5m double Abru ladder for many years. It was a class 1 and wonderful. For lightweight lower work I still have a 3m class 3 which when used non extended is fine.
Buy 2nd hand and get a class 1 rating and you will not go far wrong.

Colin

All my ladders including a 10 metre rope operated extending ladder are Hymer. Not cheap, but very strong and well engineered, it never jams when extending or retracting, even when covered in lime, sawdust etc

Back