Deadish Compressor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are usually so cheap to replace that I change them as a first step and then go further if that doesn't solve the problem.

replacing the capacitors didn't work, i've attached video below so you can get an idea of the noise it makes, maybe that helps diagnose. Any ideas most welcome

This is just thinking out loud but it sounds as if you may have a centrifugal switch for the start/run functions on that motor and it isn't switching as it should.

Had a similar problem with a Jet lathe some years back and fixed it with excellent advice from Myfordman here. This video gives an idea of what to look for

This is just thinking out loud but it sounds as if you may have a centrifugal switch for the start/run functions on that motor and it isn't switching as it should.

Had a similar problem with a Jet lathe some years back and fixed it with excellent advice from Myfordman here. This video gives an idea of what to look for

this sounds promising, I'll see if I can get at the motor

Back