Dead Inca bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disco_monkey79

Established Member
Reaction score
Having sung the praises of my Dad's million-year-old Inca bandsaw, I have been informed the motor has died.

Anyone know if/where spares are available? I don't know if it's just worn brushes, or if it's totally cooked. I'm also waiting on model numbers etc.

Thanks!

Do you have any details on how it "died"? I mean, it could have a bad connection or switch (nothing happens when it's turned on), bad bearings (squeals when running), bad start capacitor (hums but doesn't turn upon starting, but will start with hand spinning), burned up (smells bad or smokes), or something else. The first is fairly easy to diagnose and fix, the second is somewhat harder and more expensive to fix, the third usually isn't too bad to work on, and the fourth, well, you're best off getting a new motor.

Kirk

Thanks all for the replies. I'm still waiting on more info, but will request the info suggested, and also ask for a photo of the motor.

Thanks again, I love this site!

You could probably replace the motor with something else if it is fried.

INCA machines are little darlings...I hope it's something simple.

Photos would indeed help

Cheers

Jimi

jimi43":1yrnsu9o said:
You could probably replace the motor with something else if it is fried.

INCA machines are little darlings...I hope it's something simple.

Photos would indeed help

Cheers

Jimi

Nah Jim! Terrible machines, bound to be a total right off. The op should pack it very carefully and send it to me and I'll deal with it in an appropriate manner.

Bob

From my brief experience of INCA...the motors tend to be built like brick outhouses...they mostly get the best ones from the countries they export to...and I doubt very much if the motor is indeed fried.

More likely to be a simple switch or wiring problem...I don't think they have interlocks do they?

The 500 manual is HERE

and the 260 manual is HERE

(warning large files may take a while to download)

The circuit diagrams are in these manuals...they may help diagnose the problem.

Also try HERE if you need original parts (oops sorry...same link as above!)

Jim

More likely to be a simple switch or wiring problem...I don't think they have interlocks do they?
Mine has an NVR switch(in a really daft position, I might add).

jimi43":1r4fsnoh said:
From my brief experience of INCA...the motors tend to be built like brick outhouses...they mostly get the best ones from the countries they export to...and I doubt very much if the motor is indeed fried.

Jim

I should have put the 'evil grin' emoticon in my post Jim.

Bob

9fingers":22kwddml said:
jimi43":22kwddml said:

Jim

I should have put the 'evil grin' emoticon in my post Jim.

Bob

Nah mate! I got it! I know you know my friend....

And if the OP wanted to ditch it I'd be first in the queue!

:D

Jim

Latest posts

Back