De lurking Pile of tools - sharps - photo heavy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baggy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a pile of tools that have been kept in a garage for a long time, I
would like advice on refurbishing where needed, and in view of a recent
redundency an idea of value would be nice. Because of the amount of
tools I will split this across a few posts.

Here are the sharps, I would like to clean up the wood and the blades
conv_A63T5873.jpg

conv_A63T5874.jpg

conv_A63T5875.jpg

conv_A63T5876.jpg

Some say "Extra special"
conv_A63T5877.jpg

Thanks for looking
Mark

The first two pics are some possibly good carving tools - good makes include Addis, Herring or Henry Taylor (Acorn).

If you are selling, sell them exactly as they are - don't touch them. Carvers are fussy people and will not trust you to have done a good job. Possibly £5-20 each depending on makes and how lucky you are.

In the chisels, the ones with nice boxwood handles could be Marples and therefore about £4 - £12 each.

Your "Extra Special" ones look like they came from a pound shop - they could be handy for opening paint tins but not a lot more.

Hi Andy

More useful info, I appreciate you taking the time TVM

AndyT":hnnfq1z0 said:
The first two pics are some possibly good carving tools - good makes include Addis, Herring or Henry Taylor (Acorn).
If you are selling, sell them exactly as they are - don't touch them. Carvers are fussy people and will not trust you to have done a good job. Possibly £5-20 each depending on makes and how lucky you are.
No names are on them, it says cast steel on the blades. I hace been thinking of taking up carving so I may keep these, they also have a lovely feel to them :)

In the chisels, the ones with nice boxwood handles could be Marples and therefore about £4 - £12 each.
Interesting, for some reason I cannot resist chisels and may consider keeping them.
I have just noticed someone has punched his name into the wood of the handle.

Your "Extra Special" ones look like they came from a pound shop - they could be handy for opening paint tins but not a lot more.
Ah! oh well.

Mark

Hiya

AndyT":2xyh6zt8 said:
I have wiped one of the gouges with a dry rough cloth and I can now see

J B Addis & sons on one side and Prize medals on the other

Mark

Thanks all, I am learning load readin here then off to google :)

I should say that I am open to offers on any of the items above.

Back