Dark Urn.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny.t.

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is another teardrop shaped coloured urn in what seems to be developing into a series. This one is Sycamore, 5 1/2" tall, turned, hollowed, shotblasted, textured and coloured. I have added a little texture to the smooth areas to make them look like cast metal.
I have made a short timelapse video of the turning part of the process that can be seen here (it's best seen in full screen at 720p so you can see what's going on)

Comments ect are most welcome.

That's very very effective texturing and finish. I all honesty the shape doesn't do anything for me, but I'm really impressed with the overall look. What have you applied to get that ?

I like the shape :p . Goes to show, you can't please everybody. We are all different and long may it remain so.
Hope you didn't paint he interior though.

Thanks for the comments 8) , just to answer the questions, the colouring is done with acrylics with a top coat of spray lacquer . The inside is unpainted, and the masking is done with a masking material aimed at stone engravers (I use offcuts of this).

I too like the shape :lol:

monkeybiter":m0204ryg said:

Sorry Mike, wasn't trying to make you feel silly :(
Not every shape is for everybody, the diversity in tastes is what makes it all interesting, otherwise we would all be knocking up the same thing over and over :D .

Latest posts

Back