Damato Macchine combi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pmfsv":2me4zooh said:
Still concerning combination machines does anyone know Hammer, particularly the C3 31?

they do get mentioned occasionally in here. do a forum search.
the only thing i know is that hammer is felder's budget line. this means more aluminium/plastic instead of cast iron, which isn't necessarily bad, it just wears faster. but
depending on the intended abuse it may be perfectly ok.
i think hammer/felder are the only combination machines with a tilting spindle moulder which gives them an edge compared with similar machines from other
manufacturers.

I have been looking for my first combination machine for about a year now. So I have tried not to rush in, which I hope I hav'nt? Damatomacchine caught my eye because of the reasonable prices. I did not want to make the mistake of buying a machine I will want to get rid of six months later because it was not enough. Despite looking like a big company reviews have proved very hard to find. I got the number of a French guy who bought the America Standard and was completely happy with it? I looked at the Hammer C31, went an saw one in a show room. It certainly looked nice enough, and I think even as Felders budget range you could probably have faith in it. Having said that it is almost double the price of the DM America Super 1600 which is pretty much otherwise on a par. So the Hammer is almost certainly better, but is it twice as good at twice the price? I am a chippy and have been in the business for years? Recently I bought a Stanley Fat Max for one third the price of a Festool. I have been using it for about a year, and for the price I paid for it, I am 100% happy with it. So I have ordered the Damatomacchine America Super 1600 and it is in the post. I seriously hope it turns out to be as good as the Fat Max because on paper it looked as good. Should have it in a few weeks and I will let you know what I think, when I figure out what it does. Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

Hi Paul66, I too am looking at the Damato machines and particularly the American Standard so am very interested in your findings.

Regards

Daz Stretton

Hi all,

I had decided to treat myself to a proper table saw, with the procedes from the sale of our house. After reading all the good reviews on here, i had decided to get the axminster Aw10BSB2, but then i came across an advert in this months woodworker and woodturner for an italian company called damato macchine http://www.damatomacchine.it

They are selling a 5 function combi (andromeda super) for £623 inc vat, which sounds very tempting.

Has anyone heard of this company and are the machines of a decent quality, or is it a case of you get what you pay for?

Also if i do go for the axminster, is the dust extractor package that they are offering with the saw http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=642262&name=aw10bsb2&user_search=1&sfile=1&jump=0 worth getting? I only have a small earlex workshop vac at the moment.

Cheers.

Matt.
I k ow it's a ways back...but what did you end up buying?

Back