cyclone finished!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rknott2007

Established Member
Reaction score
After my sneak peak yesterday here is thew final product. I brought the plans online (same as Dave L I believe), and used the blower from the fox f50- 842 extractor. I added a neutral vane and an air ramp to stop turbulance.

The metal working I found quite difficult as it was all new to me. I used 1mm galvanised sheet steel , luckily I have a work mate who is a dab hand and had the cone formed in minutes around a pipe. It was then just a case of lots of pop rivets and alluminium duct tape to seal.

I used the air filter from the axminster dust seperator as we had one spare at work, I plan on installing a circulatory clean out if this gets too dirty.

DSCF0527.jpg

DSCF0528.jpg

DSCF0529.jpg

DSCF0531.jpg

Here is my temporary ducting set up until my 6in spiral ducting turns up and i get chance to install it

DSCF0530.jpg

Does it work? Well yes, very well i tried a bucket of mixed sawdust and chippings and some masking tape :oops: and the only thing to reach the filters was the masking tape? Everything else ends up in the drum already bagged up. The oil drum even tries to collapse slightly. Only thing is sometimes the shaving stay swirling for a while before falling into the drum.

I will report back after its done some serious work and when I get round to installing that ducting.

I have bypassed the nvr an use a remote socket set to turn the unit on and off. the cost of this build with materials and an entire extration unit cost me about £400, (£240 for the extractor), and i did have to buy a few tool, tin snips, pop riveter. But I saved £80 on the filter. The ducting has cost me £220, so for £620 I should have a fairly good system.

What extractor was your donor? I have spend over £1000 on my extraction system (including metal piping) and still need a second extractor. An upgrade would stop me needing a 3rd, even better if the donor was my current extractor.

Nice job - where did you get your bags from for the oil drum?

Cheers

Karl

No there isn't anything holding the bag the barrel is air tight so there is no upward flow of air causing the bag to suck up, the lid is also secured with a clamp ring. Bob 9fingers checked this for me before I finished my cyclone.

Back