Cutting list software?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vormulac

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a piece of software that will allow you to specify a board size, then optimally fit for you your required cut pieces into it?

Cheers,

V.

I use a free app called optimik, works well for me

Thanks guys. I've had a look at those now and I can't really get to grips with them; they seem more orientated towards providing a price for a client, rather than assisting the design process. Neither of them seem to give an optimised cutting pattern either, and that's all I'm really looking for.

Thanks anyway though.

Vormulac":135k68y7 said:
..... they seem more orientated towards providing a price for a client, rather than assisting the design process. Neither of them seem to give an optimised cutting pattern either, and that's all I'm really looking for.
Optimik will optimise from your cut list, but I find I can't get on with that interface. If you need sheet optimisation you could always take a look at Smartcut although that will cost you $70.00 if you buy a working version. Sheet optimisation software optimises materials usage from your cutlist and won't really assist you in the design process at all until it comes to costing the job where it becomes essential to be able to work out an economic price. What I haven't come across yet is a piece of software which gives the option of optimising cuts over materials

There is another product I've come across called OptiCut but I have no experience of that I'm afraid

Scrit

Back