Curved Panel Kitchen Doors...(((WIP with pictures)))

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done indeed on the doors, it must have been a bit daunting at first!

I shall be interested to see how they are when you have filled and veneered the backs.

Can I please ask how you are going to finish of the pocket holes, as they appear to be on the inside of the carcasses

Nick, i was wondering how you had finished the doors as I am looking to do our kitchen using maple and want to avoid the yellow that comes with oiling (early planning as task is for next year!)

Looking on the finishing forum I see you posted a question re finishing maple doors some months ago and got some suggestions - it would be good if you could let us know how you did it, what products and spray tools etc etc.
If you did spray did you have a booth?

Dave

HI Dave

that's right i got some info on finishing a while ago whilst just starting the job and was advised to use "Malemine Laquer" a Chestnut product...have not yet attempted to do this on finished cabinets but have made test pieces and have just used the finish straight from an aerosol as supplied..

looks pretty good, and hopefully will be using this...i have a compressor so can set up a small booth to spray as using it in bought cans i think would be quite expensive.

As the tin says this product is water and heat proof i am testing these quality's at this time to check they will be satisfactory,....

Nick

Thanks Nick - I almost always use Chestnut sanding sealer and/or melamine to finish turnings and small items but not on anything big. I have used both the spray and liquid but thought the liquid would be too thick to use in a spray gun and the can too expensive for anything big.

Be useful to know if the liquid can be sprayed (and bought in larger cans).

Dave

Latest posts

Back