Curious

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyroraby

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
I posted some pics the other week and explained my workshop situation so here are the photos of my workshop at the top of the steps :oops:
but if it means i can have a go at turning so be it.

Oh and by the way hope to see some of you at Bonny Scotland

modedit: just to reduce the window scrolling. CHJ

Do you ever get people watching you :?:
I suppose it's one way to get used to doing demos when you have to :D
Good job we are having a decent-ish summer.

On the positive side you don't get too much of a problem with dust extraction. I thought I had problems with my 10 x 6 shed but you have me beat. Well done on going for it. Let's hope something more suitable comes before the weather changes

Pete

Doesn't the mess just go over the pavement and the road?

As someone who lives opposite a family of absolute chavs (in an otherwise quiet area) who insist on living out their lives on their front garden, I have to say I am not a fan of such endeavours. Sorry, and no offence meant.

Definitely a fair weather workshop! I must admit I have considered setting up a small lathe outside this summer.

My own workshop is part of a barn - so although it's very spacious, it suffers from damp in wet weather, severe cold in the winter and can get a tad too warm on summer afternoons.

I also have access to a dutch barn which is open on one side. I've set up a small carpenters bench in the driest corner of that - lovely place to saw or plane on a spring morning - it's also where the shavehorse for green woodworking lives and it's where I do any power sanding to avoid the dust.

Hi All
Well it makes life interesting turning on the doorstep and yes i get quite a lot of people stopping and asking what im doing so hopefully we may see a few more turners from rotherham :lol:
And wabbitpoo no offence taken no luckily 99% of the shavings collect at the top of the step so i have a good sweep up after or they fly into the hallway and then its hoover.
I would love to have somewhere better to do my turning but as yet nothing :cry: and since ive just started i feel it would be a shame to have to stop, im not turning everyday or stupid times so i do try to consider others which is a lot more people round here don't do so i feel my bit of turning isnt really an offence to others, my neighbours find it quite funny seeing me make shavings :eek: .
So i will try and carry on the best i can until i can find a more suitable place to turn at least when im doing pyrography i can make smoke and annoy mark lol :lol: :lol:

Back