Critique required-Winged Bowl.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone :D
It was a good way to start the day,but again am surprised it was chosen,given all the other great looking pieces that go on WOW on a daily basis. :shock:

Lightweeder":6w5ozn0r said:
Just spotted this and really like it. I know it's not easy to do. I also like the contrast of the ebonising on the base.
Thank you LW :D
They aren't that difficult really.Just takes a bit of concentration when doing the wings,and bowl,and then loads of sanding after.

I like your piece Paul and my copy it soon, hope you don't mind.
I have only been turning a few weeks and are learning lots by trying to imitate what I see.
A picture of my first winged bowl, perhaps its called a butterfly bowl, I am not sure, I call it my knuckle basher.

IMG_1412.jpg

Nice looking work Bemused for such a short time turning :D
Great natural edge bowl :shock:
You might get more feedback on your work if you start a seperate post :?:
Glad you like my effort.Just be careful if you try one :!:

Paul.J":pful6una said:
Nice looking work Bemused for such a short time turning :D
Great natural edge bowl :shock:
You might get more feedback on your work if you start a seperate post :?:
Glad you like my effort.Just be careful if you try one :!:

Thanks for the encouragement Paul. but I think my attempts are far from being able to stand up to a personnel critic thread.
I am just feeling my way and having some fun.
This afternoon I planned on pinning a piece of nice old mahogany (off cut from the bench) to the face plate in order to have a bash at imitating yours but it split in the saw.

Bemused wroteThanks for the encouragement Paul. but I think my attempts are far from being able to stand up to a personnel critic thread.

I found,and i'm sure many other beginners have that by putting their work up for commenting on,not neccessarily for critique,a great way of improving on your work.You will get some useful feedback by doing so :D
We have all been where you are now,so don't be shy :wink:

Paul.J":2qye7rfj said:
Bemused wroteThanks for the encouragement Paul. but I think my attempts are far from being able to stand up to a personnel critic thread.

I found,and i'm sure many other beginners have that by putting their work up for commenting on,not neccessarily for critique,a great way of improving on your work.You will get some useful feedback by doing so :D
We have all been where you are now,so don't be shy :wink:

I will see if I can get a little braver :)

Paul.J":3mojv387 said:
Bemused.
Take a look Here at Jenx' post,if you haven't seen it of course.

Thanks Paul, the post has made me change my opinion of this site a little, it did seem a little closed shop.
Tony

Back