Creffields timber & boards, Reading, Berks.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tasky

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a shout-out to the guys at Creffields for their excellent service, today.

http://www.creffields.co.uk/

They were very cool with me just rocking up at their offices last week and placing a very small order of PAR softwood (barely enough for a workbench and set of sawhorses, really).
They were surprised that I booked delivery so far ahead rather than giving them a few hours notice, but everyone was friendly and welcoming. They even sent texts to confirm delivery time and notify me that it was on the way.

The real star, though, is the chap who drove through all this weather at stupid-o' clock in the morning, expressly intent on delivering my wood before I had to leave for work... despite me saying the wife was home all day, so he was free to show up whenever he liked... and he still shows up with a big smile!!

So yeah, very good service from the Creffields crew and highly recommended if you need their services!!

Incidentally their PAR softwood is £1.60/m for 4x2 and £1.20 for 3x2.
Pretty reasonable price, I thought!

I have used them for many years when I needed sheet materials and have always found them helpful and very competitive, I generally collect as they are fairly close, they do prefer AM collections though.

When I first used them I asked if they had a panel cutting saw to cut large sheets, no they said "but you are welcome to plug your own circular saw in and cut to size in our yard if you are collecting"

Mike-W":2976v02p said:
When I first used them I asked if they had a panel cutting saw to cut large sheets, no they said "but you are welcome to plug your own circular saw in and cut to size in our yard if you are collecting"
If I even thought I'd be able to collect it myself, I'd have taken my own saw to begin with! :p
It just seems like good manners, y' know?

Latest posts

Back