Creative Craftsmen Need For A New TV Show.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random Orbital Bob":2n04s7t4 said:
Isn't the bit which gets presented to the viewer and whether or not it's dull in the art of the edit? I mean, naturally if one is exposed to several minutes of planing then you'll be banging nails into your eyes by the end but with sharp editing coupled with a bit of personality (The Salvager springs to mind) then I think those shows can work. I suspect they'll always be to a niche audience ie a special interest group so you can forget the great British bake off equivalent in furniture making but still, just to get one's name promoted, it's an opportunity?

Norm is actually a classic example of how that works. He's virtually a household name in all matters of a woodworking nature both there and here plus I daresay the rest of the old commonwealth countries. So it can work. But it's to a niche, not mainstream.
Ahhh! THAT Norm! I must be getting older than I think!

Amazing, talented and creative craftsmen are plentiful but the ones I know would be unwilling to appear in modern style over-speeded television with artificial tensions between people. All good craftsmen are too busy plying their respective trades and unwilling to risk their reputations. Even the best craftsman tends to make total botchjobs when being distracted and under artificial pressure as in modern television.

However if there was a show where good craftsmen with verbal skills were allowed to show and tell then I am pretty sure there would be plenty of good craftsmen willing to take part. However such a show would probably be a niche product with 10-15 % of the wievers following every single episode and the rest would watch a soap opera instead.
However such a show would not fit into the modern world of entertainment would it

I'd be good for this. I'm basically the Gordon Ramsey of woodwork, except he sorta knows what he's doing whereas I just swear a lot and throw things on the floor.

I'd be entertaining I think and it's for damn sure I'm sexy.

How many seasons is the contract for? I can try to fit it in between coats of varnish.

It would be good to know the format but I think a bake off equivalent for wood working could be great. 10 people have to make a bird box. Well I think you'd see some pretty interesting designs and techniques etc.

If I was more skilled I'd be interested.

I think things like this can be made interesting without the need to have some big sob story involved or over dramatise things. I used to love scrapheap challenge and I think that was of interest to lots of people without them have to be an engineer or without the risk of death at every corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YorkshireMartin":eyyg8yis said:
Random Orbital Bob":eyyg8yis said:
My Goodness you lot are a cynical bunch of miserable curmudgeons aren't you!.

Yes. You're a moderator and it took you this long to notice?

At least we're consistent, right?
:-D

Latest posts

Back