Courier Services for Large Items ???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick81

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Does anybody know anything about sending stuff via courier. I would need a pick up and deliver type service.
Item in question: Something along the lines/size of a chest of drawers approx (L)1200 x (W)600 x (H)1000

Anybody recommend and companies or have any idea what the cost (ball park) might be?
(Im in North/East Yorkshire)

Cheers.

How far is it going , whats the weight and value ?

Also what are your measurements in ?

... and while you are thinking about the question, here's a supplementary - any suggestions for courier to bring 3 laminate worktops (40mm by 3m) from the English Midlands to Aberdeen? And has anyone ever weighed a worktop?

Never used them but some folk speak highly of Shipley.

dickm....the weight is about 50kg...but depends on the width. I'd try and find someone who would do a single point-to-point drop to minimise handling in transit (aka 'ding-making'). Try and find someone doing an empty return trip.

Shiply is good, but be aware the price will generally come down closer to the job needing doing as the couriers want to get as many jobs under their belt on a particular run as they can, so it's more tempting for them - thereby making it more tempting for you to accept a lower price.

What I mean is, put in a date, and sit and wait for the prices to drop.

Back