For Sale - Trucktop and H module racking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big soft moose

Established Member
Reaction score
Apologies as these arent all wood work related but i figured they wouldnt get seen by many people if i put them in off topic.

(pictures to follow tommorow hopefully)

I'd also note that all these are for sale on behalf of our project (The Ridgeway and Thames Path National Trails Volunteers Scheme) rather than being my personal property and sale is ocasioned either by replacement or by the fact we are moving workshops soon and thus clearing redundant equipment

a) Stihl Ms260 petrol Chainsaw with 16 inch bar - circa 5 years old , serviced yearly and in perfect running order - £75 ono Sold subject to delivery
b) Stihl Ms260 Chainsaw as above but currently converted to a hedgecutter with the sthil attachment - can easily be converted back and 16" bar and chain will be provided £100 ono ( or will split from hedgecutter attachment and sell saw for £75) Sold

c) Fs75 Powered pole pruner (esentially a 12" chainsaw bar on an extendable shaft) ideal for pruning trees etc 6 years old but serviced yearly and in running order £75 ono Sold

d) FS350 Brushcutter , fitted with a three point brush knife - 6 years old but regularly serviced and in good working order. £100 (will throw in a harness and protective visor) Sold

e) Truckman Truck top - will fit a nissan D22/navara half cab pick up - may fit other similar pick ups also but no promises on that score. Locking tail gate. White and has had sign writing removed (though this can stil be faintly seen) £50 ono

f) H module Racking - suitable for mounting in a pick up or medium sized van will hold a tools in three drawers , plus has mountings to take assorted boxes of fittings , and room underneath for tool boxes - ideal for fitting out a carpenters van. Cost over a £600 6 years ago but well used and some small mounting brackets are missing so £50 ono

Probably more to follow as our workshop clear down continues. Items can be collected either from oxford (office hours) , or from my house in wiltshire, or can be delivered within our project area ( Glos, north wilts, oxon, berks, bucks, north herts, and western surrey ) note that due to weight we are not going to ship these items long distances by dhl or parcel farce etc

Finally in the light of the recent thread if anyone feels that these prices are too low or too high please pm me rather than commenting on this thread

All I can say is you're selling the chainsaws too cheap Pete! There was a stihl 024 on ebay the other day which went for £210.

Why was I watching the 024? Just to see how cheap Pete had sold me an 024 the day before!

Anybody dealing with Pete for this kit...don't forget it's for a worthwhile project and not for his greedy pockets. I could have tried knocking him down on the price of the saw I bought off him but felt it selfish in light this.

If I could be bothered I'd buy the chainsaws off you and sell them on ebay for a profit. I find the whole ebay selling thing a bit too much work for the gains though.

Dave

Are for sale posts allowed from companies now as it states in the rules for sale threads are only allowed from private individuals.

Cheers

Jon

JonnyD":3h92w8vl said:
Are for sale posts allowed from companies now as it states in the rules for sale threads are only allowed from private individuals.

Cheers

Jon

John

Pete's organisation is (I think) a charity and he's a pretty good chap on the forum so I for one don't have any problem with it! :)

Miles

JonnyD":lqb57873 said:

Cheers

Jon

At the prices which are being charged I do not think anyone will mind, especially those who buy one. :wink:

Cheers

Mike

JonnyD":1kjlmqkd said:

Cheers

Jon

we arent a limited company - we are a not for profit organisation that maintains two national trails - anyway if you read the thread properly you would see that i am selling these as a private individual but on behalf of my project.

but it keeps everyone happy I will buy the items from the project then sell them as a private individual

big soft moose":n9r65ljb said:
JonnyD":n9r65ljb said:

Cheers

Jon

we arent a limited company - we are a not for profit organisation that maintains two national trails - anyway if you read the thread properly you would see that i am selling these as a private individual but on behalf of my project.

but it keeps everyone happy I will buy the items from the project then sell them as a private individual

I don't think you will have to do that mate. IMHO you are doing nothing wrong.

Cheers

Mike

DustyDave":22akiyh6 said:
All I can say is you're selling the chainsaws too cheap Pete! There was a stihl 024 on ebay the other day which went for £210.

Why was I watching the 024? Just to see how cheap Pete had sold me an 024 the day before!

Anybody dealing with Pete for this kit...don't forget it's for a worthwhile project and not for his greedy pockets. I could have tried knocking him down on the price of the saw I bought off him but felt it selfish in light this.

If I could be bothered I'd buy the chainsaws off you and sell them on ebay for a profit. I find the whole ebay selling thing a bit too much work for the gains though.

Dave

thanks for the kind words dave but these are relatively old saws that have had a working life - therefore I think the 75 notes is a fair price for a fellow ukw member ( if i was selling on the open market - which i will if theres no interest here , i would probably ask more like a ton)

whoever bought the 024 for 210 notes on the bay got ripped as i only paid £225 new for the 230 that replaced the 024 you bought from us

jhwbigley":8up4abha said:
Any idea on postage for one of the ms260?

thanks

JHB

they are too heavy to post i'm afraid - However i have family in lincolnshire so i could probably deliver one if you're serious.

You could courier it for £8

I don't imagine it weighs more than 25k

big soft moose":1fk2jqde said:
jhwbigley":1fk2jqde said:
Any idea on postage for one of the ms260?

thanks

JHB

they are too heavy to post i'm afraid - However i have family in lincolnshire so i could probably deliver one if you're serious.

well i know my dad is looking for a new "back up" saw, once you've got so pics up i'll email him and see if he's interested, but if you get other offers then let them have first refusal.

thanks

JHB

Hi Big soft Moose,

Do you have any chain saws still for sale ?

I live near by so could drive to collect

Thanks Rich

Rich F":3iftgpn4 said:
Hi Big soft Moose,

Do you have any chain saws still for sale ?

I live near by so could drive to collect

Thanks Rich

Rich - yes both chainsaws are still available , tho there is some interest in one of them nothing definite has been decided yet - ive replied to your pm.

Can't believe the chainsaws haven't gone yet, what a bargain !

Pete dropped the pole pruner off here a couple of weeks ago, now that was a bit too big to post :shock: , and it's great, starts first time and runs nice and smooth.

Treated it to a brush down and a new chain and should be just the job for getting at the top of the apple trees and taller hedging and stuff, a real bargain, seems to have plenty of life left in yet, very pleased.

Cheers, Paul :D

Back