Couple more pyro`d pieces !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasmansteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Had a go at a couple more today comments welcome!
The one on the right is still a WIP not sure where I`m going with that one.
IMG_0984.jpg

and
IMG_0985.jpg

Cheers
Steve :lol:

The bowl/platter is stunning. And the details on the pot/lid is too. Looks like it took quite some time .

On a second look - the bowl/platter is now confusing my eyes, as to the two conflicting grain directions ?

See what you mean about the conflicting grain patterns Loz but that is the direction of the grain I simply went over the grain with the pyro pen. I think it would have been too much to go over the grain inside the platter too.
Cheers
Steve

Steve, this is very interesting, very pretty platter, and accenting the grain of the pot shows off very well.
Very nice work.
Ad

Both are very effective. I especially like the way you have done the bowl. Alignment of the grain is definitely odd but hardly your fault, just makes it unusual.

I would leave the pot as it is personally, any more would detract IMHO as the contrast works well as it is

pete

Very nice effect Steve :D
I would burn the inside grain Steve to get greater effect,especially as the grain seems to run in opposite directions.
How do you cope with the smoke from the nib,do you use a fan to blow it away from you,as i always seem to get it going in my face and breathing most of it in :?

I do like that platter - the pyro over the grain looks great. I think that pyro on the inside as well might be a bit too overwhelming! What wood is the platter?

The pyro texture on the top of the pot is interesting too, especially in close up.

tekno.mage

Personally I particularly like the platter, as has been said the grain pattern is quite stunning and makes anyone look twice to convince themselves that it is correct!

Is it possible to have a close up of the work you have put into the burning on the platter?

Regards Peter.

Thanks guys for the comments, appreciated :lol:
Paul - I use a small fan pointing away from me which sucks the fumes away and also if the fan is blowing at you it cools the nib down :lol:

Teckno - The platter is Ash.

Peter - I`ll try a close up of the platter tomorrow !

Regards
Steve

Bodrighy":2n5fejiv said:
gasmansteve":2n5fejiv said:
also if the fan is blowing at you it cools the nib down :lol:

Are you doing these with a fixed temperature pen?

Pete

Hi Pete
No a variable heat wire, a `Davan` unit a bit like the Peter Childs one!
Steve

Steve, I like the effect on the ash bowl, its very nice indeed :D

Not sure on the second piece but the texture looks like cloth and is very good. Keep it up, you're going somewhere with this 8)

JT

Thanks JT :lol:

Pete that close up, forgotten how to resize in Photobucket :? sorry about the size :oops:

P1000342.jpg
[/img]

Steve

Weasel Howlett":6wnzt3ap said:
How on earth did you do it?

Weasel
Its done with a hot wire nib with a homemade nib filed to a very thin blade type edge just drawn first one way all over the top then turned through 90degs and done again my pen is a bit like this one http://www.peterchild.co.uk/pyroinfo/pyinfo.htm but mine is a `Davan` unit and he doesn`t have a web site!
Thanks for the comments chaps, appreciated :lol:
Steve

Steve the platter is exceptional. Simple but very effective. The texture on the second piece is very well done. It is very hard to get so many lines all the same. I tend to get heavy handed as I go along with this kind of marking.
10/10.

shedhead":34u9hyck said:
I tend to get heavy handed as I go along with this kind of marking.
10/10.

Thanks Dermot. I found that making a very fine nib (using a flle) the wood actually helps keep it straight even two lines next to each other stay parall.. parrall... er the same distance apart :lol:
Steve

Back