Counting the days .....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Established Member
Reaction score
Siorrachd Obar Dheathain , ALBA & Now Botesd
After much deliberation and due to a little good fortune in the 'bonus' department at work -- I've managed to be able to order a new lathe and chuck today :mrgreen: :tool: \:D/ :mrgreen:

Decided finally on going for the Fox 46-719 Machine and
the Sorby Patriot Chuck -- both of which are now on order from Mike at Grampian Power Tools in Aberdeen.
Could maybe have saved a couple of pounds on the lathe from elsewhere, but at £260 + Vat, its not a bad price --- and always like to support the 'local guy' whenever possible.

Best part however, is that I can now give my little Perform CCSL + K10 Chuck to my Dad down in Exeter, as he'd effectively 'given up' on the turning ,having bought an awful "Berlan" thing from e-bay which was nothing short of dreadful.... so that'll get him up and running again 8)
The little CCSL has given lots of hours of fun and enjoyment - its been great, so hopefully my dad will get equally as much entertainment from it.

Can't wait till the new stuff arrives ! Be interesting to see how good or otherwise the Fox is ... from what I've managed to read of it, it seems to tick most of the boxes for a relatively lower-end outlay, and the chuck seems to get great things said of it .... so here's hoping everything works out well .

I'll let you know how we get on, once it arrives in a few days time 8) :D

I bought myself a Patriot chuck last week. It is a beautifully engineered piece of work. Superb.

Hint: be a little careful when you spin it onto the thread of the lathe. There are some sharp corners on the chuck that bite your fingers when it stops suddenly and reaches the end of the thread.

Rod

well done jenx, nice to see you thinking of your dad, i wish more sons would do it in this day and age.
He should love the ccsl lathe, i have had mine for years and played around with it, although never made anything more than a pen on it.
cheers

A few sleepless nights then Jenx :lol:
Will look forward to seeing some piccys of both of your work :wink:
Hope you both enjoy :D

Latest posts

Back